Gibson Winter 2019 lineup announced

What's Hot

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    jeztone2 said:
    If they've got any sense they'd do something with Kramer & Steinberger. 
    That would be great, and Valley Arts as it goes 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Now I do dont feel so bad about not getting an R8 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5405
    Anyone clicked on ‘Gibson Custom Shop’ under Electric Guitars on the drop-down? It’s not quite right yet. ;)
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    They’ll still be absurdly overpriced. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    I would love the Special but I suspect it will be way out of my price range .
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22739
    Whitecat said:
    Anyone clicked on ‘Gibson Custom Shop’ under Electric Guitars on the drop-down? It’s not quite right yet. ;)
    Yes.  All very cool (love the V) but I'd hope the Custom Shop has a slightly broader range than that.
  • jeztone2 said:
    If they've got any sense they'd do something with Kramer & Steinberger. 
    Dunno why you got a lol for this. Not sure about Steinberger, but with the way Charvels have been enjoying a revival there's no reason a similar line of Kramers couldn't have a slice of that market. 
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    If they bring out one of these new Les Paul standards in gold top with humbuckers, I’ll be posting a NGD in 2019.
    Gibson website now updated with some of the new models. SGs in particular. The new Les Pauls are still under wraps.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3044
    edited January 2019
    Still, Richlite fretboard and corian nuts for the Custom LP. I expect better considering the price of those things.

However the new 61 SG looks great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3964
    That’s a great SG line up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    TINMAN82 said:
    God that's pricey. Definitely a promising direction though
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited January 2019
    Les Paul Specials and Juniors with proper wraparounds, bravo

The Junior is priced the same as a the Studio, $1.5k

https://www.gibson.com/Guitars/Les-Paul
    roberty said:
    Specials and Juniors with proper wraparounds, bravo

The Junior is priced the same as a the Studio, $1.5k

https://www.gibson.com/Guitars/Les-Paul
    And both with hard shell cases. Surprising they brought out the SG standard with a soft case this year.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    tFB Trader

YES....  I like seeing that too..  Not sure about the pickguard.. But that's not really a big issue.. The neck is set in the right place for me..  The Double Cuts they have been doing recently had the neck set slightly further in.
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 773
    I'm curious what the prices will look like here, especially for the les paul standard. Going off the listed dollar prices, the les paul studio is $1499. The fancy SG with the Maestro is $1999...which could place it around £1500-£1600 (I'm using a few Fender Jags and Jazzmaster models as my conversion logic).

Where does this put all of the recently released and ridiculously priced 2019 models? Studios at £1400, standards at £2600. Why bother releasing those if a few months later they are going to be swept aside by these.

If they can put out that 50's les paul standard for below £1700 I'm not sure I'll be able to resist.
    Gerz6558 said:
    If they can put out that 50's les paul standard for below £1700 I'm not sure I'll be able to resist.
    I’ll be amazed if the new LPs go that low. Clearly, if they do, they won’t stick around in shops for long.

I suspect there might be a mid year price cut for those over priced models you mention (as you say, £1400 for a Les Paul Studio is ridiculous, esp when the 61 SG can be had for similar).
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 773
    edited January 2019
    TINMAN82 said:
    I’ll be amazed if the new LPs go that low. Clearly, if they do, they won’t stick around in shops for long.

I suspect there might be a mid year price cut for those over priced models you mention (as you say, £1400 for a Les Paul Studio is ridiculous, esp when the 61 SG can be had for similar).
    Wishful thinking on my behalf of I'm sure at £1700, probably closer to 2 grand no doubt.

If the revised 2019 studio will be back towards 1100 though it would be difficult for them to justify such a mark up to the standard.

We really need some sort of making convention to differentiate the 2019 models. Good 2019 vs Evil 2019, something like that!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom