Does anyone make half a DIG?

What's Hot
barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 623
I'm generally not a fan of analogue delays, and the Strymon DIG is my go-to because it stays very clean but can sound nice and warm with the help of the high cut filter, especially in 12-bit mode.

However, I almost never use the second delay and can live without tap tempo.

I could do with a less expensive, smaller backup – ideally battery-powered, though that's certainly not a deal-breaker. Has anybody encountered a digital delay that can be warmed up in a manner similar to the DIG – i.e. with some sort of filter or tone control – or voiced that way to begin with?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    I've not had one but the Red Witch Violetta Delay comes to mind as it is digital but supposed to be voiced warmer on the repeats ( but not an analogue or tape emulation), has modulation and has a built in rechargeable battery ( or will run off a standard power supply ). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 623
    Cheers – that could be a good shout. Mental note made to try one when I can get to a RW stockist.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31519
    The original Dan-Echo does all that. 
    Thanks, that's a fun suggestion, too – and I recall someone saying that Danelectro's pedals were a bit sturdier in the 'old days'. Not sure if that's true or not, but I don't really need a backup to be built like a tank, anyway.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    barnstorm said:
    Thanks, that's a fun suggestion, too – and I recall someone saying that Danelectro's pedals were a bit sturdier in the 'old days'. Not sure if that's true or not, but I don't really need a backup to be built like a tank, anyway.
    I have a few of the original pedals - built like a T34 tank and work surprisingly well.

The TC Flashback 2 Delay on the 2290 setting gets very close and it's only £90 from Andertons. The Tone Print feature would allow you to tweak it.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • barnstorm said:
    I'm generally not a fan of analogue delays, and the Strymon DIG is my go-to because it stays very clean but can sound nice and warm with the help of the high cut filter, especially in 12-bit mode.

However, I almost never use the second delay and can live without tap tempo.

I could do with a less expensive, smaller backup – ideally battery-powered, though that's certainly not a deal-breaker. Has anybody encountered a digital delay that can be warmed up in a manner similar to the DIG – i.e. with some sort of filter or tone control – or voiced that way to begin with?
    Way Huge Aqua Puss? Boss DM-2W? MXR Carbon copy?
    Fretwired said:
    barnstorm said:
    I have a few of the original pedals - built like a T34 tank and work surprisingly well.

The TC Flashback 2 Delay on the 2290 setting gets very close and it's only £90 from Andertons. The Tone Print feature would allow you to tweak it.
    Wis'd – almost certainly the best solution, on paper. I should have said at the top, however, that I'm wary of the TonePrint-equipped pedals because I fear the app would be dangerously distracting!

I have a Yamaha THR10C that gets little use now I'm no longer in a tiny flat, and I was always sort of relieved that my Mac's eagerness to update its OS meant the Yamaha software was perennially out of date for me.

I now mostly flick it on to remind myself that I don't really want an expensive phaser after all.