Boss Angry Driver Mod (Remote Switch)

What's Hot
johnmontanajohnmontana Frets: 41
Can anybody here do this remote switch mod for Angry Driver?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    Isn't that just a way of doing what the remote switch does, only by f***ing the pedal?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• It is, indeed. but this is the whole point - it saves pedalboard space, you don't have to mess around with an extra footswitch.

If someone her can do this or knows someone who can, please let me know. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    edited January 2019
    ICBM said:
    Isn't that just a way of doing what the remote switch does, only by f***ing the pedal?
    Affirmative.

It all looks a bit "bedroom" to me. I would hate to have to operate the two switches that close together on stage.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I just use a mini/micro switch thingy that I bought for about 20 quid from Bright Onion. Works great & is small - 53x38x31mm
  • @rivercider, got one of those too but still, I would prefer the switch straight on the pedal...or maybe there is a way to mod  own pedal switch to go on/of while holding down ... oh., well

• I just use a mini/micro switch thingy that I bought for about 20 quid from Bright Onion. Works great & is small - 53x38x31mm
    Couldn't you just velcro one of these to the top of the pedal and get all the space saving benefits of the mod with none of the resale-destroying butchery?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Sorry can't run the video, is this a mod involving adding a footswitch to the big Boss footswitch, so the body of the added footswitch fits where the battery would go?

If so the Boss spare parts dept can sort you out another Boss footswitch, you can drill that one instead, they're interchangeable :)

I did this years ago when I added a tap tempo switch to a DD-7, worked great.
    clarkefan said:
    Sorry can't run the video, is this a mod involving adding a footswitch to the big Boss footswitch, so the body of the added footswitch fits where the battery would go?
    He's fitted it through the pedal directly above where the Boss switch is, so he must have hacked a hole in the main casting as well.

Fitting it on the battery side would be a lot more sensible, if you're using a power supply.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• johnmontanajohnmontana Frets: 41
    edited January 2019
    Fitting a switch on the top of the Boss footswitch is a common mod used back in the day by Analogman, Kelley etc on their TS9, BD 2, DS 1 and those pedals are not coming cheap these days, etc.

Although some of you here are concerned about the resale value, I would be happy to pay someone to drill a hole in my pedal and do the mod for me. And I don't care which side the switch would be, as long as it will be functional. 
  • johnmontanajohnmontana Frets: 41
    edited January 2019
    Actually, here is a TS9 with the added switch by JHS! He should have done it on the Angry Driver too ...=) 

https://www.jhspedals.com/products/discontinued-rare/ibanez-tube-screamer-true-bypass/
    Drilling a Boss pedal to get extra functionality is sensible compared with that.

I am not concerned about resale value, I just don't like hacking something to do a job which is easier and better done by another method, but if you're absolutely determined to do it then I would consider doing it for you if I can find a switch which will fit in the battery side without making a hole in the main pedal body. I'd prefer to use a replacement rocker from a scrap pedal, which would then make it reversible if you ever want to.