Wah Sweep Settings

BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5844
I understand that this will all be down to taste, but who prefers a shorter sweep on their Wah pedal? I have the CAE Dunlop MC404 Wah and it has the trimpots inside to adjust the sweep.

I did adjust it (shorten it) back when I got it, but I still feel I want a bit less. Does anyone else who has the same Wah feel the stock settings were a little on the extreme/wide side?

Any known/famous players out their who were noted for preferring this type of range? It's not something I've really looked into before, but I guess it can be an issue that breaks families up ;) I thought the range was what you got and they were all the same back then.

Am I an OCD freak or is this a thing?

Thanks.
Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31501
    I like a wide range but rarely use it all, so I guess technique comes into it too. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8686
    One of the advantages of digital effects and amp modelling is that you can configure the wah to suit the amp settings. So you’re not alone.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3816
    My Xotic wah has just enough controls to keep me happy, without getting over-complicated like some of the Teese ones. The 'Q' control on wahs always seems to confuse me though!