Boxes...

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15928
I'm curious, does it bother you when you are lookin' for an used pedal and there is no box?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

Nope. As long as it has enough protection whilst being posted.

I feel compelled to keep boxes for if I sell the pedal on. I therefor have a box full of boxes.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 154
    A lack of a box don't really bother me but if it comes with the original box it is a bonus.

If the previous owner has bothered to keep the original box it is usually a good sign that they are the kind of person who will have looked after the pedal well and that it will be in decent condition when you buy it.

That said, I've seen some ebay listings where people are selling their empty boxes so people can then include an original box when they sell a pedal. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I've got a wardrobe full of empty boxes, so, no.
  • If it were a more expensive pedal it might be important in terms of resale. If I had a choice between two otherwise identical Strymons, I'd pick the one with the box no question.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7672

It wouldn't bother me, though I do prefer it and keep all boxes I get in case I sell.

Having said that, some of the pedals I've bought new haven't come with a branded box (Count To 5s, for example) and that doesn't bother me either.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23968
    Not really. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    The box is a bonus, not a requirement, for me. I wouldn't pay extra for it unless I expected to sell the pedal on very quickly, then it might be worth an extra few pounds because it might matter to the next buyer.

I bought a Boss pedal on here once and the seller had the cheek to send it in the *wrong Boss pedal box* :). Funnily enough I don't have the pedal any more but I do have the box, just in case I ever get the 'right' pedal, without one...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I seem to have a lot of boxes for pedals I have long disposed of! Guess it doesn’t matter to most people. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I keep all mine, and I do prefer to buy boxed pedals second hand as well. Just seems to show a little bit of extra care from the owner. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9450
    Yes.

I would think twice before I buy without the box