Don't watch this.

What's Hot
LewLew Frets: 1657
edited April 2014 in Guitar
No, really.

http://www.guitarworld.com/zakk-wylde-performs-tribute-fallen-heroes-hard-rock-and-metal-revolver-golden-gods-video

Not gonna lie, I was expecting him to dig his hand in the piano and do a pinched harmonic.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monoaminemonoamine Frets: 506
    edited April 2014
    oh god my eyes and ears make it stop
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    He's been doing that for a while. When I saw BLS a couple of years ago he did that with drapes with Dime's pics hung over his stacks.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    An interesting role-reversal would be Elton John or Barry Manilow picking up an LPC with a target pattern on it and shredding the bejesus out of it....

I'd pay good money to see that
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited April 2014
    Hmmm... I thought that was pretty odd, but then I made the mistake of clicking the link on the same page to Guns n Roses (2014 version) doing Sweet Child O' Mine.

Please tell me it's not just me. That intro IS horribly out of tune isn't it? As for Axl Rose these days..... 
    8-X

http://www.guitarworld.com/guns-n-roses-and-duff-mckagan-perform-sweet-child-o-mine-revolver-golden-gods-awards-video
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited April 2014
    He plays the piano much better than he sings

EDIT @Skarloey isn't wrong ... everything is out of tune with everything else
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5844
    I thought he played Piano very well and fluently. He might play Piano a lot better than some of us play the Guitar. I didn't care much for his singing but at least he had the bottle to do it and I think the cause might have been his main concern, it was a tribute after all.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7133
    Skarloey said:
    Hmmm... I thought that was pretty odd, but then I made the mistake of clicking the link on the same page to Guns n Roses (2014 version) doing Sweet Child O' Mine.

Please tell me it's not just me. That intro IS horribly out of tune isn't it? As for Axl Rose these days..... 
    8-X

http://www.guitarworld.com/guns-n-roses-and-duff-mckagan-perform-sweet-child-o-mine-revolver-golden-gods-awards-video
    WTF was that?

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• funstuiefunstuie Frets: 77
    Skarloey;220809" said:

Please tell me it's not just me. That intro IS horribly out of tune isn't it? As for Axl Rose these days.....  8-X

Jesus motherfucking jones. That is disgraceful. It sounds like someone using a gameboy to play the intro.

Also why is kid rocks fat brother singing?
  • %-( la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la . Has it stopped yet
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Dear lord no. (mainly towards GNR!) They would have made soo much money ten years ago, if they all just got back together. But then I applaud Slash for not tolerating Axl any longer than he had to.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554

I've never seen the point in DJ Ashba being in Guns. Most guitarists would forget to put trousers on, or breath in and out before they forgot to check the guitar was in tune. He shoulda stopped after a bar and just given one of the others a nod. I'm quite sure Bumblefoot would find the intro within his ability.

I must be honest here though, I've watched Guns live a couple of times and Axl and the band (minus the aforementioned cheesemeister) were amazing both nights. I know this is not always the case. But I have some sympathy with him, as being expected to turn up and do 'Appetite' with his voice, on any particular night must be really difficult.

Didn't mind Zakk's piano thing either. I couldn't help imagining a 7 stone, elderly piano teacher in a bow tie sitting next to him at home teaching him how to play though!

:))
    Skarloey said:

8-X

http://www.guitarworld.com/guns-n-roses-and-duff-mckagan-perform-sweet-child-o-mine-revolver-golden-gods-awards-videoS
    Why did I click on that? that was fuck awful.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    This is one of those things... everyone's saying it's so bad that I just have to watch it!!! You have no idea how bad I want to watch this!
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Jesus christ I've heard some shit versions of those songs, but they take the biscuit... truly terrible. 

I've kinda heard of one of these guitarists before but someone ought to sit them down and teach them about playing bent notes in tune...Slash is guilty of sounding like his guitar has been drinking Jack Daniels for a week at times, but the over-bent, bad intoned playing on this is far far worse. 

Thats a truly shocking video.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

%-( la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la . Has it stopped yet

Nope. And for those who saw them, it'll never stop. I keep getting flashbacks to the GNR one. I need mind bleach (or loads of alcohol)

• The SCoM intro thing...Kind of feel for the guy, he knows it's wrong, gets through the part as best he can and then swaps guitars ASAP.  Arguably should have halted the song and restarted it, but then again with Lord Axl calling the shots, who knows how much in fear of his life the poor chap is..

What is NOT understandable is Axl's godawful vocal. Whose voice is THAT? Terrible.

As for the Zakk Wylde thing..Haven't watched it yet but I know the song and i much prefer the electric guitar version (see Doom Troopin DVD) but either way, he seems to be getting more and more into these piano ballads that just grate on the ears and the cheese-o-meter.

Great pianist, of course, but hey, so was Les Dawson.

I don't care who they are/were, that sort of performance isn't worthy of applause. It's messy, not in time (watch early performances with Adler on drums to see how tight he and Duff were), the guitarists are playing for themselves, not for the song and as for those off-key, weak vocals.... Awful

Oh and neither of those guitarists understand how to play the rhythm to this song - listen to anything with Izzy on it (highly under-rated player IMHO) to see what I mean. Even when Izzy was having a bad day he was a better guitarist than either of them...