Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Pete Thorn sig PT15 including Reactive Load and IR loader

What's Hot

Comments

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131

The Suhr Badger's are £1900 to £2000 and they are pretty simple single channel designs.

I can see the PT15IR hitting £3000
    yeah I can see it being that much too for a 3 channel amp. I hope not, if there was a way they could put it out for £1500 it really would change the game, but it would have to be made somewhere super cheap for that to be the case

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 173
    edited January 2019
    yep...game changer for sure if price is anywhere near normal territory. Its a stroke of genius. Not many amps I'd consider buying new but this definitely solves a lot of practical issues for me
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    I can't understand why companies can tell you so much about a new amp and somehow forget to mention the price, what's wrong with these people?

What are they trying to achieve?  If they do it on purpose for some reason then they're idiots, all they've achieved so far with this potential customer is annoy him, well done Suhr!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    Its a Suhr Custom T
    Thanks. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299

clarkefan said:
    I can't understand why companies can tell you so much about a new amp and somehow forget to mention the price, what's wrong with these people?

What are they trying to achieve?  If they do it on purpose for some reason then they're idiots, all they've achieved so far with this potential customer is annoy him, well done Suhr!
    Perhaps they delay it to see the speculation and what the market would bare price wise? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • susbemol said:
    She's a Brazilian guitarist (based in LA though) called Lari Basilio.
    This is excellent:

• CatthanCatthan Frets: 355
    I was thinking about selling my CAE 3+SE pre, my OX and 1 boutique head and get this + some cash in my pocket. 
    If it sells at £3K it will be very unfortunate.. I hope it doesn't; If it does then the only benefit is low studio space claim, no?

Am I thinking about gear the wrong way??

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    One of those, why hasn’t anyone done it before, moments. Looks fantastic.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited January 2019
    I've spoken to the Peach Guitars guys out at NAMM (via Fb) and asked for a price and they said they'd get back to me ASAP.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23930
    Kebabkid said:
    I've spoken to the Peach Guitars guys out at NAMM and asked for a price and they said they'd get back to me ASAP.
    Place your bets!

I'm sticking with my £3000 estimate.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    edited January 2019
    I've been told it will be $2700 USD.
    I'd expect that to be £2700-ish in the UK, although that depends on what happens to the pound post-Brexit.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just checking US v UK Suhr prices.

New York dealers have the Badger 30 at $1995 and the UK price is £2089

Swap it to sterling and add £100.

Seems to be about the same approach for the SL67 as well.

But the PT100 is $2995 and £2995 - just swapping currency.

So if we are *lucky* it might be £2700.00.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Isn't there a low wattage Laney that has some IR functionality? I thought that virtuoso, Martin Miller, was using them? 

As to the price, I'd love it to be sub-£2000, but I can't see that. It's not due to hit these shores until the Summer and prices could change once again by that time.
    Kebabkid said:
    Isn't there a low wattage Laney that has some IR functionality? I thought that virtuoso, Martin Miller, was using them? 

As to the price, I'd love it to be sub-£2000, but I can't see that. It's not due to hit these shores until the Summer and prices could change once again by that time.
    Post Brexit currency value drop. Even more expensive. YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
  • Read a price of $2699 somewhere. Counts me out :-/
    i get why it costs a lot to produce, and Suhr is top quality, but I'd find it hard to hand over £2700 for a 15w amp...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    i get why it costs a lot to produce, and Suhr is top quality, but I'd find it hard to hand over £2700 for a 15w amp...
    It’s not just a 15w amp though is it?! The Blues Jr/Pro Jr is a 15w amp... R&D long since done, churn them out in Mexico with half an eye on the quality assurance, maybe change the tolex once in a while and bung in a different speaker when the punters get restless.
    This is something new and innovative. Taking that to market involves considerable R&D and investment... if it costs £2700 is that such a leap when you consider the various ‘boutique’ amp offerings based on 70 year old amp designs?
    Like I said I get why the pricing is the way it is, but it would stop me personally buying one new

With this, the new Marshall range and the Bogner, and probably a good few more that we'll find out about, low wattage amps seem to be on the rise. Although fiddly to dial in, I loved my old H&K Tubemeister 36 Head with 3 channels, attenuation and the Red Box but this one goes to a different level