Pedalboard 10 Yr Challenge

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30906
Dunno if this has been done, if not mods, feel free to merge.

Post 10 yrs back (or as near to,) and today.

FB reminded me of this, 10 yrs ago today. It was, in fairness, on top of a rack switching system.

How I wish I had those muffs and the SIB now.

And underneath, today (there's a Boss CE1 and a V3 Elec Miss under the tier)

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Can't wait to see tomorrow's.
     =) 
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    2009: (only have a fuzzy photo)

2019:

The pedalboard is a bit of a revolving door of drive pedals- I change them depending on what I want to do.
    I've got 4 big tubs full of pedals and they get swapped out from time to time.
    Staples are the Wah pedal I've had since 1992 and I only ever use the Timefactor for my delays.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7781

I was playing bass ten years ago and had no pedals at all, just an ART TubePac preamp/compressor in front of the amp.

I've still got it, plus one or two pedals.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Then,

Now - 
    This

and this-

Depending on what, where, who and how...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3019
    edited January 2019
    About 10 years ago

And now

I dtill I’ll have the Korg dt10, Marshall Guvnor, Damon fish & chips and Marshall regenerator though.

actually now I look st it, I can see how I ended up with what I have now.

Tim replaced Bad Monkey
    zoom Ultrafuzz replaced Big Muff
    POG2 replaced Boss OC2
    Source audio EQ replaced fish n chips
    Hardwire reverb replaced Boss FDR1
    Bosd DD500 replaced Marshall regenerator.

The socks are still the same though.
  • JotaJota Frets: 464
    I don't think I had a board in 2009!
    Actually, I think I was using a GT-6 live and had a few pedals to play at home without a pedalboard!
    So:
    2009:

2019:

Funny that I had no Boss pedals for long long time and, looking at this post, one could think I'm a huge Boss fan!
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    10 years ago I was using only this (albeit I think I'd sold the Flextone II rig by then):  

photo Voxrig_zps8qx3wreojpg

Today, I still have the Valvetronix rig but it's been essentially retired from band-practice/gigging because of sheer size & weight and set-up time (there's also a 3-pedal mini pedal board that goes in the FX loop).  

photo Mini-pedal board for FX loop_zpsnlsbwov5jpg

Shame really, because it still sounds great & is so easy to use.

But around 10 years ago I also bought a Laney VC30-210, (and later a Cub 12R and DSL401) and used this with them:

photo P1000034_zps162d3855jpg

But today, I just use this:

See the source image

or this:

See the source image

And for mucking around at home, this (although I think I'm going to sell it)

See the source image
    And I keep this in my boot as an emergency back-up:

See the source image
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72317
    Ten years ago -

Now -

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    ICBM said:
    Ten years ago -

Now -

I must have got the model numbers mixed up @ICBM as I thought you had the ME80. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • 2009:

2019:

Bye!

Voxman said:

I was thinking of getting one since it has amp modelling - which the ME-50 doesn't - but I think I'm more likely to just get a separate amp modeller if I need that. If I come across an ME-80 I will be trying it though, for sure.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
    ICBM said:
    Voxman said:

I was thinking of getting one since it has amp modelling - which the ME-50 doesn't - but I think I'm more likely to just get a separate amp modeller if I need that. If I come across an ME-80 I will be trying it though, for sure.

The lack of Amp modelling is exactly why I loved my ME-50 - it was a multi effects that just did effects.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6879
    10 years ago eh? 

Umm. Well I had a Danelectro Fab metal and a Boss oc-3...

But I only had 2 guitar leads so... 

Nowadays its just.. more. Minus the Fury 6... 

My grand scheme is to replace the Ds-1 and add a Strymon Bluesky at the end of the chain then rewire it with better cabling, possibly re arranging and making more space at the same time.. maybe I'll link an Ojai to the Zuma and have 5 additional slots to fill.. or maybe I'll call it done.. dunno. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    Gulliver said:

The lack of Amp modelling is exactly why I loved my ME-50 - it was a multi effects that just did effects.
    Exactly - but sometimes it would be useful to DI it, and the speaker simulator is best described as primitive...

skunkwerx said:

My grand scheme is to replace the Ds-1
    If you want to sell the DS-1, PM me :).

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    edited February 2019
    My big board is being changed at the moment but the small board is fixed.

I didn't have a board 10 years ago….only started like 4 years ago.  This board hasn't changed in over 2 years + now,  I can't think of any way to improve it for the features that it has for its size.

Everything is powered by a Cioks Pussy power, isolated.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Gulliver said:

Exactly - but sometimes it would be useful to DI it, and the speaker simulator is best described as primitive...

skunkwerx said:

My grand scheme is to replace the Ds-1
    If you want to sell the DS-1, PM me :).
    Will do buddy! 

I'll keep you in mind, though it could well be a way off if I do.. 
    skunkwerx said:

Will do buddy! 

I’m not in any hurry, I just want a 40th one because it reminds me of the 1970s somehow :-). (JPS formula 1 cars maybe?)

• I don't have any photos, although my "journey" is a lot more complex than it would appear!

Ten years ago I was 21, I'd not been playing long, so I had a Digitech rp100 

I've just commenced a huge clear out and simplification rig and my end result is these two on a pedal board:

Which goes into a....

However the sheer number of pedals that have come in and out in that time is utterly absurd considering ice ended up with basically a bigger model of the same thing...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    ICBM said:
    skunkwerx said:

Will do buddy! 

I’m not in any hurry, I just want a 40th one because it reminds me of the 1970s somehow :-). (JPS formula 1 cars maybe?)
    Haha now you've mentioned that I can't unsee it!
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    edited February 2019
    Two chains into an LS-2 & home made box. Got smaller before being broken up.

2012 Gorm board

Present setup