Low output Tele pickups

What's Hot
Can anyone suggest some classic low output Tele pickups? I'm building a lightweight ash, maple board Tele, brass saddles, typical 50s sort of Tele and would like a pickups set that really compliments the build. I'm currently looking at a set of Don Mare alnico 3 Bakersfields but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    Fender 51 Nocaster pair, Duncan STL-1B Broadcaster, Duncan Antiquity for Telecaster. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • 545454545454 Frets: 184
    edited January 2019
    I'm currently using some Bloodstone True 52s which are excellent - exactly what I would hope for based on the name. UK-made (if that makes any difference to you), and Dave at Bloodstone was really helpful when I contacted him.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    BKP Country Boys would be perfect. I have the bridge in a lightweight ash blackguard. 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    Klein make some great tele pickups as do loads of others  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Mojo - end of thread ;)
  • 545454 said:
    I'm currently using some Bloodstone True 52s which are excellent - exactly what I would hope for based on the name. UK-made (if that makes any difference to you), and Dave at Bloodstone was really helpful when I contacted him.
    I ended up going for the Bloodstones, a set of underwound alnico 3 Nocasters. David was really helpful and the wait time was virtually nonexistent. Excellent service!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 545454545454 Frets: 184
    545454 said:
    I ended up going for the Bloodstones, a set of underwound alnico 3 Nocasters. David was really helpful and the wait time was virtually nonexistent. Excellent service!
    Oooh, nice! Let us know how they sound...
  • 545454 said:
    545454 said:
    Oooh, nice! Let us know how they sound...
    It'll be a few weeks before they're installed but will do!