Thinking of getting a Zoom MS-50g

What's Hot
d8md8m Frets: 2434
I'm going on a bit of a downsizing kick and am thinking of getting a Zoom ms-50g to run alongside a DS-2 and my ditto.

Ii was thinking the zoom would be a good way of covering all those effects I use occasionally but not enough to warrant owning standalone pedals.

I know the MS-70cdr has got some pretty good feedback but wondered if anyone had any experience with the MS-50g?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlanPAlanP Frets: 54
    Yup.  I've got both the 70 and the 50.  I got the 70 for my "big" board just to provide reverb, and maybe one of the delays (got a DD-3 there as well), and I got the 50 as a swiss army knife for any odds & sods that I didn't have a specific pedal for (trems, vibes, whatever)...

... as it turns out, laziness has kicked in and most of the time I mainly grab the 50 and perhaps one drive pedal (usually a Soul Food), and go with that... I bought a set of *good* rechargeable AAs, and they last a credible time (I originally used some of Maplin's cheapest, and they would collapse far too soon to be useful).

"Noise Gate", "rack compressor", FDR Amp model for a bit of dirt (usually have that as the effect in view, so the footswitch will drive it), then a bit of "Spring Reverb" (on all the time...) "parametric EQ" for a bit of tone tweakery & boost...  That's where it is most of the time (currently, I only use the one single patch)

I really like it....  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Thanks for your feedback :)

Sounds like once I get around the menu navigation the MS-50 could be just what I need to run alongside a dedicated dirt pedal!.

Now I need to just sell off my a couple of pedals to fund the acquisition!

• AlanPAlanP Frets: 54
    The menus are *very simple* once you have got your head around how they work...
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Sold my Flashback to fund this but now I have the funds for either the MS-50 or the slightly more expensive MS-70.

Cannot decide!