eBay content. Would you take this on?

What's Hot
Caffeine_VampireCaffeine_Vampire Frets: 3479
edited January 2019 in Making & Modding
'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yeah. String it up and flog it to someone who's mental for the relicked look.  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    No. Not unseen. Heat could of warped the neck out of shape and allsorts. Saw something similar that had been a victim of Hurricane Katrina. Water damaged and delamed. Guy restored it sympathetically making it playable again but leaving the patina the flood water had given it. Looked cool and a bit 'haunting ' at the same time. 
  • sawyer said:
    No. Not unseen. Heat could of warped the neck out of shape and allsorts. Saw something similar that had been a victim of Hurricane Katrina. Water damaged and delamed. Guy restored it sympathetically making it playable again but leaving the patina the flood water had given it. Looked cool and a bit 'haunting ' at the same time. 
    Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Hellishly tempted though...
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
    Who takes their guitar into a car to photograph it???
  • Who takes their guitar into a car to photograph it???
    Jeremy Clarkson?
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    I’d be tempted if it was the right money. It wouldn’t want to be anymore than the current price though.

As @sawyer mentioned, it would be nice to leave the history,It’d be a hell of a talking point! :)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It blew my best price about 3 bids ago. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    I certainly would. 
  • axisus said:
    I certainly would. 
    Going for it?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72305
    What's odd is that if the knobs and the backplate are original - and even looking at the binding - it's hard to believe the story is true, because they would have melted long before the heat could do enough to separate the body gluing.

It looks to me far more like it's been left somewhere very damp, possibly in a case that was resting on the bottom edge in the carrying position.

It's restorable, but definitely a project for someone with the right skills and not if you have to pay someone else with them to do it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    What's odd is that if the knobs and the backplate are original - and even looking at the binding - it's hard to believe the story is true, because they would have melted long before the heat could do enough to separate the body gluing.

It looks to me far more like it's been left somewhere very damp, possibly in a case that was resting on the bottom edge in the carrying position.

It's restorable, but definitely a project for someone with the right skills and not if you have to pay someone else with them to do it.
    Looking at it again, you could be right. It’s more project than I can take on atm but I would love to see it brought back to life. 
    Why's he not strung it up ,for the price of a set of strings,and tried it to assess its playing/electrical condition? Beware sold as seen i reckon.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    axisus said:
    I certainly would. 
    Going for it?
    It's in America so no, the job in principle gets a yes though!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Yeah that’s water damage, it’s never been near a fire. Also it looks to me like there’s no pole pieces showing through the pick up covers, so are there actually any pick ups in there? Perhaps that’s why he’s selling it as not tested, 
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    Went for over £1,300!
    Crazy! Good luck to whoever 'won' it.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72305
    longjaw said:
    Went for over £1,300!
    Bonkers! About a grand too much...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom