Chris Lord-Alge Unscripted - The Rick Beato Interview

What's Hot
FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
edited January 2019 in Studio & Recording

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I watched this last night by coincidence..was alright but CLA is a bit of an asshole
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I haven't watched it yet, the thing is CLA is that super confident US type of guy who isn't afraid to say how great he is.  I don't know if you saw the infamous 'I am the Sound Of Hits' promo video for his speakers before it got edited... anyway the thing is, he kind of is, can't argue against him being very good and very successful at what he does.
  • I watched one of his Pure Mix videos recently and he binned off the printed parallel compression for the drums provided by the client.  IIRC he said something along the lines of 'I don't care about their opinion for the drums I care about mine [delete]'
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    The best advice was at the end, "put the frigging phone down, and listen to the music"  :)
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    I think the thing about that kind of American speak is that someone can sound like an Asshole without actually being an asshole. I thought he was ok in that, I took some of the more outlandish things he said as tongue in cheek (especially when he got to talking about flavours of ice cream) but a lot of what he said was fair enough, really.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited January 2019
    Cirrus said:
    I think the thing about that kind of American speak is that someone can sound like an Asshole without actually being an asshole. I thought he was ok in that, I took some of the more outlandish things he said as tongue in cheek (especially when he got to talking about flavours of ice cream) but a lot of what he said was fair enough, really.
    Why would anybody argue with a bloke who has successfully mixed a ton of records, when you can just filter out the crap and absorb the rest. He probably meets his fair share of idiots on a regular basis too, so sometimes you have to take control. It's also frustrating knowing a lot about a specific topic, and then constantly having to explain it. You need a certain kind of patience to do that, which a lot of people haven't got.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    It's a very New York attitude. He is good at what he does, I just dont care about what he does. Prefer Tchad Blake, Rich Costey, Brauer and loads of other mixers.
  • Oh dont get me wrong I dont have an issue / disagreement with the points he was trying to make..I just thought he came across as a bit of an asshole while making them. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ