Faith slope shoulder

Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
https://www.faithguitars.com/guitars/archived-products/product/116-frsb45-drop-dreadnought

Anyone tried one one of these?
im looking for any feedback on them. Great specs. Solid, wide nut, 12 fret and input from Patrick Eggle. What’s not to like?!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Chris_JChris_J Frets: 139
    I used to have one, though it was 14 fret 43mm nut version.

Great guitar!

That big dreadnought sound but with a lovely warmth to it that I really enjoyed. Fantastic for strumming, but, with great note clarity too, albeit a very rounded sound.

The version you mention looks slightly more suited to fingers than mine, but, when I bought mine I was able to compare to the 12 fret wider nut version and both had similar underlying tone (as you would expect). The 14 fret version came home with me for strumming cowboy chords, replacing a mahogany Norman (Godin) dreadnought which unfortunately suffered a top crack and was moved on.
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Thanks for that
    the 12 fret is very appealing. I’m just keen to avoid that ‘modern’ sound. I spend most time finger picking blues and rag stuff 

andy
    It definitely has a warmer, older sound to the modern hifi sound you get from say Taylor and others. I think you'd really enjoy it. Obviously if you could visit a shop to try a few guitars before purchase that would be best, but, I know that's not always the easiest depending on location.
    Thanks for that. 
    On paper it’s got perfect specs but as we all know, on paper means nothing when it comes to guitars. 
    To dangerous to buy without trying. I’ve never played any Faith model. 
    Just one more thing. What’s the neck profile like? Super skinny ?
    Tbh I'm the wrong person to ask regards neck profiles...

Unless it's super skinny, like a baseball bat or has a really pronounced V, I tend not to notice...

I certainly don't recall it being anything other than comfortable