Previous experience with cockroaches

What's Hot
ICBMICBM Frets: 71960

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Frighteningly, the headline describes her as a ball girl. (Crosses legs and cowers.) 
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Obviously the player has none!
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    my wife's rule is: if someone else is within reach to deal with the animal, it's their job. If she's alone, she'll get the vacuum cleaner. 

• danodano Frets: 1568
    edited January 2019
    I once had a cock roach on my patio. I dropped sledge hammer on it and the fucker kept on moving. Luckily the cats sorted it out.
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Don't know what it is like for @octatonic in Singapore but when I lived in Jakarta cockroaches were an ever-present fact of life. The most fun? pour some bleach down a bathroom drain and then watch them swarm up out of it all over the bathroom floor.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    in Jakarta cockroaches were an ever-present fact of life.
    Got any good recipes?
    Be seeing you.
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    edited January 2019
    Recipes, no. But a fun game is cockroach football. A lot of houses in the tropics have bare tile floors. Flip a cockroach on it's back and voila! - instant insect football.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    Waking down Khaosan Road a few weeks ago there was plenty of vendors selling grilled cockroaches, millipedes and Little Scorpions on sticks......
    the ball-girl was probably taking that critter home as an hors d'oevre
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6597
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    I bet she could cure Randall’s dangly bollocks,!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Shocking hate crime against an innocent cockroach.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Sassafras said:
    Shocking hate crime against an innocent cockroach.
    Terminated with extreme prejudice.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Don't know what it is like for @octatonic in Singapore but when I lived in Jakarta cockroaches were an ever-present fact of life. The most fun? pour some bleach down a bathroom drain and then watch them swarm up out of it all over the bathroom floor.
    Haven’t seen one here. I think they spray for them, so I will probably get cancer.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4290
    I had a Raiders of the Lost Ark moment in a beach hut in Thailand. No electric so turned on a torch in the ‘shower’ and the floor was moving. There were a lot of cockroaches. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    A few years back I was having a romantic dinner with my then GF on the terrace of a restaurant in Spain when a cockroach dropped off a tree and down my T shirt! Instinctively I ripped off the shirt then performed a vigorous tap dance at the end of which the offending creature was green slime. The waiter commented that I shouldn't have done that as they can smell pretty bad...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9551
    Bit of cockroach trivia...

They can live for a few weeks after being decapitated. Apparently because a) they breathe through their bodies so the head isn't necessary for respiratory function b) unlike most animals, cockroaches have a very low pressure blood system. Therefore the blood clots well before they bleed to death. c) Like most cold-blooded creatures, cockroaches need very little food. It takes a few weeks for them to starve to death.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Same thing happened to me at Wimbledon when I complained about the price of strawberries & cream.
  • HAL9000 said:
    Bit of cockroach trivia...

They can live for a few weeks after being decapitated. Apparently because a) they breathe through their bodies so the head isn't necessary for respiratory function b) unlike most animals, cockroaches have a very low pressure blood system. Therefore the blood clots well before they bleed to death. c) Like most cold-blooded creatures, cockroaches need very little food. It takes a few weeks for them to starve to death.
    Sounds like the ideal Physiology a Guitarist needs in order to make a Living :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    edited February 2019
    so when the bomb drops - the survivors will be cockroaches and rats, but the fallout will no doubt genetically mutate them into some weird forms of life... like aliens... Oh - there's a line of thought....!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Cannot remember exactly why, but I used to look after a couple of jars (they were like large old fashioned sweet jars) of Cockroaches at school. The Biology Dept must have given them to me, and I seem to remember they mainly lived on damp cardboard for nourishment.