SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Dehumidifier (or recommendations)

My gear has been advised by my wife that it now needs to take up permanent residence in my garage studio conversion which is a shame because it isn’t finished yet! It is secure though. I have a dehumidifier but it’s archaic and the size of a Twin! Any out there or recommendations?

Thanks. 
'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    I got one from B&Q .I think its 17litres. Get one thats on castors so you dont have to lift it to move it. Mine is heavy even when empty. Think i paid £100 in a sale. have a look there .
  • JAYJO said:
    I got one from B&Q .I think its 17litres. Get one thats on castors so you dont have to lift it to move it. Mine is heavy even when empty. Think i paid £100 in a sale. have a look there .
    I will, thanks
  • rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
     I've had a VAX one running in my paint room every day for almost 2 years now and it's still going - so I'd recommend it! THey often sell them silly cheap on their outlet store. Their oil filled radiators are really good too (and often reduced) if you need heat.
    Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
  • I've got two of these, one in the house, and one out in my shed studio, lightweight, efficient and with a hygrometer built in so it knows when it needs to come on. Works below freezing as well, so perfect for garages.

As long as you remember to empty them regularly they're great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00474K8SY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Don’t overdo the de humidifier as too dry an environment can easily split acoustics. 
  • wwwwww Frets: 72
    I've got a Fral 33 that I'm not using anymore. It's only done just over 100 hours and I'm in Cheshire - let me know if you're interested.

Here's a link to the one I bought, but I can send on actual pictures if it's what you're looking for
    https://www.dehumidifiersuk.com/fral-fd33-33-litre-commercial-hard-bodied-dehumidifier-2811.html

• wwwwww Frets: 72
    edited February 2019
    (duplicate post)

• Colms2005 said:
    Don’t overdo the de humidifier as too dry an environment can easily split acoustics. 
    I know but thanks. It’ll be less of an issue once the build is done. 
  • Hopefully sorted but thanks all.