Telepartster: little neck big noise

What's Hot
Finally, I have a Telecaster I can play. Have and tried others but the bigger necks just don't suit my left hand and I find them uncomfortable.

Main parts were super cheap due to issues (zig jag crack in body and only stained on one side, partially sanded decal and no screws in squier neck etc) and had a set of BKP Boss pups in the spares box. The Tele bridge pickup is a truly wonderful thing and now we get to play together happily :) 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    Glad that you enjoyed your project.

Looking at the photograph you have posted, the alignment of the strings to the edges of the neck is incorrect. The low E string runs too far in from the edge at the dusty end. The high E string runs too close to the edge - to the extent that, at twenty first fret, it looks as if it aligns with the bevelled fret end rather than its crown.

The solution is a sort of Heimlich Manoeuvre. Very slightly slacken the four neck anchor screws. Then, yank the neck towards the low E string side. Your guitar may make an unpleasant creaking or cracking sound when you do this. When the two E strings look properly aligned with the fingerboard edges, retighten the four neck anchor screws.

Check the tuning and intonation. Minor adjustment may be necessary. 
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• The solution is a sort of Heimlich Manoeuvre
    Thanks for this. Much appreciated. Will try an adjustment... Worst case scenario is holes in neck aren’t quite right and I quite fancied maple anyway!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom