Which style of pedalboard?

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
edited February 2019 in FX
Just open to your opinions: which style pedalboard do you prefer and why? 
1. Slatted style i.e. pedaltrain
2. Flat board with no slats i.e. Diago?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    Big fan of the pedaltrain style because you can have you power supply and cables underneath and out of the way. 
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Slatted. Power supply up top looks crap
  • I think the newer Warwick Rockboard boards have improved on the Pedaltrain idea. Actually quite a few companies have. The problem with slats is that you are then limited to actually *where* you can put the pedals. Something like this works much better in my view. Because you get the flexibility of putting the pedals anywhere without conforming to rails, and you're still able to hide your cabling.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    flat with slats. best of both?
  • What's your favourite slatted board?
  • Stu_tate said:
    Big fan of the pedaltrain style because you can have you power supply and cables underneath and out of the way. 
    This but

I think the newer Warwick Rockboard boards have improved on the Pedaltrain idea. Actually quite a few companies have. The problem with slats is that you are then limited to actually *where* you can put the pedals. Something like this works much better in my view. Because you get the flexibility of putting the pedals anywhere without conforming to rails, and you're still able to hide your cabling.

this also makes sense.

With a flat pedalboard if you have more than one row of pedals you then have to start adding things like pedal risers; although for wah/expression pedal/similar a flat board works better . One of the reasons so many people have their wah off the board instead.   
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Anyone have any experience of the T-Rex ToneTrunk?

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    I've got a couple of Pedaltrain boards and probably wouldn't even consider another brand.
  • I have recently been looking at all types to rebuild my board.

In the end I settled on the Pedal Train Classic 2 as the slats allow me to wrap the patch and power supply cables neatly around them.

Looks messy underneath but the top view looks neat and tidy ;)

Nice bit of kit.

• I think the newer Warwick Rockboard boards have improved on the Pedaltrain idea. Actually quite a few companies have. The problem with slats is that you are then limited to actually *where* you can put the pedals. Something like this works much better in my view. Because you get the flexibility of putting the pedals anywhere without conforming to rails, and you're still able to hide your cabling.

Is there space horizontally to put strips of velcro? Looks like thin runs
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72248
    Flat board mounted permanently in a flightcase base.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein