Help identifying this archtop guitar?

What's Hot
Hi everyone

Wondering if anyone could help identify the model or any details of this archtop guitar? I can just make out 'Rex' at the top..

Many thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    1940s Chicago built
    Most likely produced by Harmony, possibly Kay. 
    These companies built A LOT of guitars, some, like yours under different brands for retailers like Sears and Roebuck 
    probably has a pressed, not carved body. I’m guessing it sounds pretty good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79 said:
    1940s Chicago built
    Most likely produced by Harmony, possibly Kay. 
    These companies built A LOT of guitars, some, like yours under different brands for retailers like Sears and Roebuck 
    probably has a pressed, not carved body. I’m guessing it sounds pretty good. 
    Thank you Andy, much appreciated! Yes it sound really rustic - a really thick neck but sounds great with a slide - very bluesy.
    Any idea of a valuation?
    £200.£250 with the wind behind it. Not an expert so don’t quote me 
    There’s guys retailing this stuff at 6-700 but that’s in a shop and fully sorted out. Can I see tortoise shell binding on the top? That’s classic Harmony for the period 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79 said:
    There’s guys retailing this stuff at 6-700 but that’s in a shop and fully sorted out. Can I see tortoise shell binding on the top? That’s classic Harmony for the period 
    Yes there's a rim of that around the top edge. Thanks for this knowledge!