Krakow any tips?

What's Hot
Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
edited February 2019 in Off Topic
Me and my son are off to Krakow on Friday for a long weekend, our plans so far consist of, fly Friday have a few easy beers in the evening and food. Sat we are off to Auschwitz/Birkenau with the evening being similar to Friday no doubt.

So Sunday and Monday morning are ours to do as we like, any tips, things to do etc much appreciated.

Cheers all
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Went with this other half this year for a gig, we did some touristy stuff too which was good. The salt mines are worth a visit for sure, so is Wawel castle. We found the public transport a bit confusing but managed to get about fairly easily, the only time we really needed to use it was for the salt mines and the Tauron Arena.

It's worth exploring the side streets around the main square for food too, prices seem to go right up once you are in the main square. We ate a few times at a great place call Morskie Oko, brilliant traditional Polish food in a really nice setting. Prices were extremely reasonable too.
  • The fruity beers!
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • The titty bars ......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It'll be cold...wrap up and don't eat any yellow snow.     :o
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    edited February 2019
    Nice, thanks all. We are staying in the old town so about 15mins from the main square so plenty of bars to pass en-route.

I'm actually a bit gutted as it will be 9c on Saturday and I wanted some real cold weather!!