Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Liam Neeson

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24210
Boils my piss.  Not Liam Neeson, but all the morons calling for his head on a pike because he told the story of how he once wanted to attack a black man, any black man, after a friend of his was raped by one.  He told the story about how he was so furious that his anger drove him to that place, and that he realised afterwards how wrong that was, and that we should be more honest in our discussions about racism.  Absolutely Liam.  Yet, here we are with the professionally-waiting-to-be-offended completely missing the entire point of your disclosure and screaming "RACIST !!!  RACIST !!!".

They are so short-sighted, or just too thick, to be unable to comprehend what he's actually saying.  It's depressing and merely reaffirms my belief that the vast majority of people are complete numbnuts, dingleberries and spudnudgers.
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 18reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Trending headline on the Gaurdian smashed into a Daily Express reader's head = emp fab thread
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24210
    Explain yourself.  Are you suggesting that my defence of Neeson indicates a liking for the Daily Twat ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    The way it's written kind of suggests if you were reading it you'd be getting spit all over the laptop screen.

You are also complaining about people being closed minded on a subject whilst also stating that people who hold a different opinion are stupid.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Completely agree. I just turned off the BBC news earlier because they were going on and on about it. The professionally offended political correctness brigade out in force without actually listening to what he said.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    The Gaurdian
    I see what you did there. :)

Be seeing you.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    He gave a straight-up honest account of something he did years ago, which he wasn’t proud of, and admits his mistakes.

I wish there were more people like him in the world.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    It was a massive error of judgement.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12258
    We were probably all a bit racist in the 70s it was pretty much the cultural norm, I remember my dad dropping some right clangers when I was a kid, thing is I remember laughing along with him half the time.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    We were probably all a bit racist in the 70s it was pretty much the cultural norm, I remember my dad dropping some right clangers when I was a kid, thing is I remember laughing along with him half the time.
    I never really trusted the Clangers.. but dropping them is a bit harsh!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 604
    So, . . . It took me a while to figure out but it seems I have chosen the correct option to stay away from mainstream crap. I can recommend loads of YouTube guitar related channels.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    edited February 2019
    If you're promoting a film, keep it light and tell a few funny anecdotes. He wouldn't have told this story on the Graham Norton Show, I don't understand how he thought it would go down better in The Independent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • He's been praised by John Barnes.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Watch his interview on ABC and John Barnes on Sky then make your mind up.

I have no idea why he thought it was a good idea to make this story public. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    I read the news today oh boy..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    ICBM said:
    Completely agree. I just turned off the BBC news earlier because they were going on and on about it. The professionally offended political correctness brigade out in force without actually listening to what he said.
    In fairness he should have thought about that before opening his mouth. I have no sympathy to be honest. This is the world we live in - his career is finished. He was told not to turn up to the premiere of his new film last night.

What if his friend had been raped by a white man? Would he have had similar thoughts? Should just have kept this to himself.

The man's a twat.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    And Taken 2 was shit.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    ICBM said:
    In fairness he should have thought about that before opening his mouth. I have no sympathy to be honest. This is the world we live in - his career is finished. He was told not to turn up to the premiere of his new film last night.

What if his friend had been raped by a white man? Would he have had similar thoughts? Should just have kept this to himself.

The man's a twat.
    The whole premier was cancelled. He has said yes he would have had similar thoughts if the rapist had been white ( ‘if he’d been Irish, Scot, Lithuanian...’). 

Neeson still feels bad about angry thoughts he had 40 years ago and that seems okay. I think some of the PC reactions are a bit ridiculous, Barnes’ comments seem about right but Neeson was very naive in saying this in the first place. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    ICBM said:

The man's a twat.
    He addressed this in his ABC interview, if you believe him. He said he’d have wanted revenge against whoever it was.

Don't disagree his career is likely finished.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited February 2019

The whole premier was cancelled. He has said yes he would have had similar thoughts if the rapist had been white ( ‘if he’d been Irish, Scot, Lithuanian...’). 

Neeson still feels bad about angry thoughts he had 40 years ago and that seems okay. I think some of the PC reactions are a bit ridiculous, Barnes’ comments seem about right but Neeson was very naive in saying this in the first place. 
    Fair enough ... these days rule one is keep your mouth shut with anything to do with race, gender etc.

Edit: the film screening went ahead. The film company cancelled the red carpet event and told Neeson not to turn up.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Boils my piss.  Not Liam Neeson, but all the morons calling for his head on a pike because he told the story of how he once wanted to attack a black man, any black man, after a friend of his was raped by one.  He told the story about how he was so furious that his anger drove him to that place, and that he realised afterwards how wrong that was, and that we should be more honest in our discussions about racism.  Absolutely Liam.  Yet, here we are with the professionally-waiting-to-be-offended completely missing the entire point of your disclosure and screaming "RACIST !!!  RACIST !!!".

They are so short-sighted, or just too thick, to be unable to comprehend what he's actually saying.  It's depressing and merely reaffirms my belief that the vast majority of people are complete numbnuts, dingleberries and spudnudgers.
    Well I must be thick then because I don’t understand what he’s saying. Is he saying that if your friend gets raped by a black man then it’s understandable to be so angry that you want to murder a black man, any black man? Um, sorry but that is racist.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.