Customer Service isn't dead.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    LuttiS said:
    Where is North Wales were/are you? Potholing is a bit of a pastime here :)
    A55 Bangor
    Ah, my neck of the woods! Welcome :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    LuttiS said:
    LuttiS said:
    A55 Bangor
    Ah, my neck of the woods! Welcome :)
    Stopped in Deganwy last night (eventually)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    LuttiS said:
    A55 Bangor
    My mate took his new wife on honeymoon there. At least I think so.....well he said he was going to Bangor for a fortnight. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I have my car back. Superb effort from the local Volvo dealer to get it sorted. They even washed and hoovered it out. 

I’m seriously impressed. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    A55 Bangor
    Presumably that’s not your private reg?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    SimonC said:
    A55 Bangor
    Presumably that’s not your private reg?
    Lol, no.. but now you mention it...
    Ok. I’m on the way home, in my car, all sorted, cleaned and hoovered, and all is right with the world. I’ve had my meeting and it wasn’t interrupted at all by having to sort out car shit. The Volvo dealer was utterly brilliant - and it wasn’t even the chain I bought my car from. 

I absolutely recommend Volvo 100%. It might not be a cool sporty number but it’s the safest, comfiest car I’ve ever owned, and now it’s also backed up by the best service I’ve experienced in years.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Potholes are actually part of the North Wales 2019 tourism strategy.. foiled by Volvo, we'll get you next time.. and you will never leave.. one of us.. one of us.. ;)

Deganwy for the night.. assume that was the Quays then? 
  • Thinly veiled "ooh look at me I can afford a Volvo XC60 thread"

=) 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thinly veiled "ooh look at me I can afford a Volvo XC60 thread"

=) 
    Yeah, those PCP deals are well expensive...
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5368
    Can people stop talking about Deganwy, it's giving me flashbacks to long tedious holidays with my grandparents.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
    edited February 2019

Go on 'fess up, you expected ABBA to start singing when you pressed the SOS button didn't you?

I would have been well impressed if 1970s Angnetha turned up in her jumpsuit and space boots to rescue me...she would have been invited up to my room in the hotel.

Go on 'fess up, you expected ABBA to start singing when you pressed the SOS button didn't you?

I would have been well impressed if 1970s Angnetha turned up in her jumpsuit and space boots to rescue me...she would have been invited up to my room in the hotel.
    I missed that bit out for the sake of brevity
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2760
    Good point, how much more is a Volvo than a Ford Focus?
    still, once you’ve splurged that amount of money, it’s nice to get something back, so good for you :)
    sev112 said:
    still, once you’ve splurged that amount of money, it’s nice to get something back, so good for you :)
    A more relevant question might be how much more is an xc60 compared to a big ford 4x4?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    sev112 said:
    A more relevant question might be how much more is an xc60 compared to a big ford 4x4?
    Man, those Fords are so fugly too. I’d rather pay the extra for a Volvo. 

How are you finding the XC experience  @Bridgehouse ? I looked at them before we got the Q5 but I wasn’t convinced by literally everything being controlled through the touchscreen doofah with lots of menus. The Audi at least has buttons for the things you use all the time like the heating. The ride is really firm though, not helped by having 20” wheels I guess.  
    edited February 2019
    boogieman said:
    sev112 said:
    still, once you’ve splurged that amount of money, it’s nice to get something back, so good for you
    Man, those Fords are so fugly too. I’d rather pay the extra for a Volvo. 

How are you finding the XC experience  @Bridgehouse ? I looked at them before we got the Q5 but I wasn’t convinced by literally everything being controlled through the touchscreen doofah with lots of menus. The Audi at least has buttons for the things you use all the time like the heating. The ride is really firm though, not helped by having 20” wheels I guess.  
    The touchscreen is fine - don’t really notice it’s not physical buttons. There’s still buttons for heated front screen, rear screen, and media playback, along with all the buttons on the steering wheel etc. 

Having the satnav maps full screen is really really handy, as is the second map right in front of you in between revs and speed. 

To be honest the thing that makes it for me is the safety stuff - the auto braking and emergency stuff is excellent (stopped me when someone pulled out on me well before I’d have been able to react) and the auto drive stuff is superb as well. It’s like cruise control plus plus with extra safety built in. When you add in the lane assist, the collision avoidance and all the other stuff you can see why they rate so highly on safety.