Anyone got a 5E3 in Cambs area?

What's Hot
photekphotek Frets: 1462
That I can try at rehearsal. Bit of a big ask I know but happy to repay with beer, crisps or cash!

I am really tempted to buy one but have a sneaking suspicion it won’t be loud enough / give the old solo boost I want.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5654
    One of the lovely things about 5e3 amps is despite them all being derived from one of the simplest circuits, they all seem to be very different. 

The one I had, now with @TheMarlin, is a ferocious beast that will happily play along with the loudest of drummers. It won’t do anything very clean much above a whisper though. 
  • photekphotek Frets: 1462
    Thanks @dazzajl ;I don't use a clean sound so am not too worried about that, Chris from Rift amps suggested getting them off the floor to get the most spread out of them along with a decent speaker.
    photek said:
    Thanks @dazzajl ;I don't use a clean sound so am not too worried about that, Chris from Rift amps suggested getting them off the floor to get the most spread out of them along with a decent speaker.
    I’d obviously agree with the expert there. Although mine lived off the floor as much to save me bending down as it sounding better  :3

And the Celestion Blue very much added to noise output I’m sure. 

They are the most wonderful amps if you like a simple approach to your rig. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6598
    I'm not in Cambs but I do have a 5e3 with a slightly larger cabinet with 2x10" Eminence drivers. It's loud enough to be heard above a loud drummer. 
    merlin said:
    I'm not in Cambs but I do have a 5e3 with a slightly larger cabinet with 2x10" Eminence drivers. It's loud enough to be heard above a loud drummer. 
    Now that I’d love to hear. 
  • My recent 5e3 build has a Celestiob Blue and is fucking hugely loud. I run it with the volume on 2 and power scaling on minimum and it's still borderline for home use. Just turning the power up makes it fairly ludicrous before you touch the volume - i'm quite sure it would compete with a drummer
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • @photek, shame you don't want to try out a Marshall 1974x :)
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1462
    @photek, shame you don't want to try out a Marshall 1974x :)
    I do love the 1974x I will ping you a message :)