Remind me of UK Voltage..OK to Use These Bulbs?

What's Hot
I'm just double checking really, I think they are OK to use but would feel more reassured with a 2nd opinion.

I ordered some GU10 Halogen Spotlight Bulbs on Amazon as I couldn't find any in stores. Only remaining stock is being sold now since Halogen is being cast into the pit of History.

The Bulbs have a 230V rating, I thought they would have been 240V. They have the CE mark on them, they are German "Profissimo" ones.

They have the correct 35 Watt rating I wanted, but my existing 35 Watt ones are 200 Lumen whereas these are 190 Lumen, is this not important?

I read on t'net that light fittings have a Voltage Rating, not sure what mine are 240 or 230....again, is it unimportant?

Thanks.
Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    All electrical products sold in the EU must be 230V now.

You probably won't notice a difference of 10 lumens. If it's a problem, buy LED... more efficient and brighter if you want it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks @ICBM I suppose the Fitting is OK too as it would house 2 x 240V Bulbs and 1 230V Bulb if I replace 1 of them.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    Thanks @ICBM I suppose the Fitting is OK too as it would house 2 x 240V Bulbs and 1 230V Bulb if I replace 1 of them.
    There is no difference. It's purely a matter of the way the voltage is defined - the tolerances were simply widened to include both 240V (UK and Ireland) and 220V (continental Europe), calling it 230V, but nothing actually changed.

It can make a difference with some valve amps, but not a light bulb.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Thanks @ICBM I suppose the Fitting is OK too as it would house 2 x 240V Bulbs and 1 230V Bulb if I replace 1 of them.
    There is no difference. It's purely a matter of the way the voltage is defined - the tolerances were simply widened to include both 240V (UK and Ireland) and 220V (continental Europe), calling it 230V, but nothing actually changed.

It can make a difference with some valve amps, but not a light bulb.
    Ok, Ta Muchly!
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    The voltage found in UK home varies quite considerably anyway. Lowest I’ve seen is about 225V, highest over 250V. Long story short, your lightbulbs are fine. 

Source: am spark.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Image result for electric shock gif

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240 said: