Jimmy Page Fender Tele dragon custom paint job

Hi,
New to the Fretboard but hoping someone out there can help. I've wanted for years to get my American Fender Tele (ash body) painted in the infamous Jimmy Page dragon design but couldn't see how I could  cos there wasn't a decent image of the design to copy. Now Fender have released an 'official' JP dragon-finish tele there is a proper image available so I'm wondering if anybody out there can recommend someone in the UK who can refinish my tele with the dragon artwork as I don't want to trade in my USA tele for the Mexican dragon tele that is the only one Fender have released in my price range. I found The Painted Player online but reading posts on here about him he's not recommended.  Yes, most of the complaints about him are about the cheap guitars he uses and tries to pass off as better quality than they are and that wouldn't be a problem for me as I'd be sending him my guitar to refinish. But I am worried that some threads say his finishes aren't that great so I'm not totally convinced I want to trust him with my pretty much mint guitar. I don't want it sending back to me wrecked! If anyone knows someone who can be trusted to do a really good job on painting my tele with the JP dragon artwork please let me know.
Cheers,
BeckC
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14409
    In fairness to TPP, he does not attempt to pass off budget guitars as posher/better than they are. He always declares what the donor guitars are, decorates them and adds a very generous mark up.

IMO, it is a bit of a waste putting that much effort in on a run-of-the-mill guitar.  

Anybody with the necessary stencils could probably spray the Page Dragon graphic for you.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 145