Lindsey Buckingham; not well.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30869
From his facebook

I am sad to say that late last week Lindsey underwent emergency open heart surgery. He is now recuperating at home and each day he is stronger than the last. While he and his heart are doing well, the surgery resulted in vocal cord damage. While it is is unclear if this damage is permanent, we are hopeful it is not.

This past year has been a very stressful and difficult year for our family to say the least. But despite all this, our gratitude for life trumps all obstacles we have faced at this moment. We feel so fortunate he’s alive. As does he. He looks forward to recovery and putting this behind him. Needless to say, all touring and shows currently scheduled have been put on pause for the moment as he gathers the strength to heal completely.

Our family thought it important to share what’s happening with Lindsey with the hope that inspires someone else to seek preventative care. Lindsey’s family has a history of heart issues, having lost both his father at 56 and his brother at 46 to heart related illness. If anyone is experiencing even the mildest of symptoms we encourage you to seek the care of a physician.

We are so thankful for the kind and generous love given by the people surrounding Lindsey, me and our kids throughout this emotional time. We can’t thank you enough for all you did for our family. We will never forget you. XO

- Kristen Buckingham

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I hope he gets well. He was a sexy fucker back in the day, gorgeous, he gave us this:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    edited February 2019
    (Only a very few iconic white Les Paul players over time but they always look so bloody purposeful - he is then one reason I got one.)
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

An absolutely amazing guitarist.

Let's hope all works out well...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I hope he gets well. He was a sexy fucker back in the day, gorgeous, he gave us this:

By the way, a 'kin amazing live performance that !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

By the way, a 'kin amazing live performance that !
    That's weird! I just posted that exact video on my Facebook! 

True legend. 

Sincerely hope he makes a full and speedy recovery 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I believe he started out as a banjo player so all you lot with your inbred banjo player jokes can get stuffed.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72237
    Sassafras said:
    I believe he started out as a banjo player so all you lot with your inbred banjo player jokes can get stuffed.
    He did, which is why every time he leaves Fleetwood Mac, he has to be replaced by two guitarists - anyone else can’t play parts that were written for six fingers ;).

More seriously, this is very worrying news and I hope he recovers quickly and fully. A genius guitarist (with five fingers!) and a very distinctive singer, and it would be sad if he has to stop.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
     He was a sexy fucker back in the day,

Unlike John McVie. Those shorts! 
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Such a good song.

Mick Fleetwood looks like Baldrick though.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited February 2019
    MrBump said:
    Such a good song.
    One of the very few songs I have never tired of listening to. It's brilliant musically, vocally, and lyrically, plus it captures all the raw emotions of a recent breakup.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • Lets hope this thread doesnt get moved to Tributes
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • i wish him a full speedy recovery 

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• ICBM said:
    Sassafras said:
    He did, which is why every time he leaves Fleetwood Mac, he has to be replaced by two guitarists - anyone else can’t play parts that were written for six fingers ;).

More seriously, this is very worrying news and I hope he recovers quickly and fully. A genius guitarist (with five fingers!) and a very distinctive singer, and it would be sad if he has to stop.
    +1. 
    His solo acoustic gigs are just amazing. One of my top guitarists.
  • But can he djent?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    But can he djent?
    For several years, LB has been tuning his guitars lower and lower to accommodate his diminishing vocal range. He is already down three semitones. If he detunes much further, he will be in Djent territory.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.