Meris Enzo - anyone played one?

Hick81Hick81 Frets: 122
Anyone played/own one? 

Are they straight forward and intuitive to use? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

•  I’ve had one. Sounds amazing on the demos. In real life I found the tracking just ok and the arp mode tricky to get right. I felt there was a latency which meant you had to time a chord change just before the beat. The volume levels seemed really random too.

the mono synth sound is huge.

There’s every chance it’s was my lack of talent!
  • It’s a tremendous pedal. The arp mode is incredible and you can get the most unbelievable sounds. The one issue I had was the huge volume leaps. The volume issue is something I’ve found with not just the Enzo but the Hotsawz algorithm on the H9 and other synth pedals. When it’s set at certain frequencies and the filter is set at a lower level, you don’t hear much, but just a couple of tweaks and suddenly an almighty noise leaps out of your amp. I think it’s just the nature of the frequencies of a synth, it’s just a louder instrument. The mix dial on the Enzo does help, but I think a level/volume control would really help. It’s a shame, because the Enzo is magnificent otherwise. Worth noting that it’s  also a great octave pedal in dry mode. Very versatile, superb sounding, but because of the volume issue just off being a truly great pedal.
  • Do you think they will do V2 version to iron out these issues?
  • Hick81Hick81 Frets: 122
    Cheers for the input. I’m now torn! 2 equally compelling POVs
  • I managed to go cold turkey from a Eurorack addiction last year to get back to focusing on guitar, but an Enzo could bring a bit of that back into my world. All the Meris stuff looks pretty wonderful.