Bogner pedal help

What's Hot
guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 461
edited February 2019 in FX
Acquired a Bogner La Grange recently which sounded great whilst it was working, but now the distortion side is broken - press the foot switch and the whole signal chain goes silent. The boost side still works fine but only by itself, and it's the same whether powered by a daisy chain, Boss adapter or battery.

I've taken it apart and there's nothing obviously wrong, no burnt parts, and it's not the foot switch (both are connected to the board by a small plug and both work the boost side ok and both get the same result on the distortion side).

Inside the pedal is a section that looks to have a plastic cover on it. Is this hiding more components and how do you get it off?

https://i.imgur.com/jossoz8.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get a schematic also please?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    ok, you aren't going to like this...... under that section is a load of epoxy goop.... why is it there? well.... it appears that the epoxied section is similar to another pedal... in other words  you won't be able to fix that section easily....
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 874
    I was fiddling around with the patch cables on my pedalboard today and the sound stopped working. Turned out I had accidentally plugged into the EXP jack instead of the Input jack on my La Grange. 
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2924
    tFB Trader
    If you look for 'broken La Grange' in Google there's a TGP thread where someone fixed theirs, didn't mention having to de-goop so might not be too bad. They also say the company that makes them fixes them for a not-too-much amount but for us the shipping prob makes it no use. At first that thread made me worry a bit about mine but had my LG since they first came out and it's been used every day since so forgot about it, but the fault you mention is the same one that a few people had in that thread.