Awkward Switch Dunlop Crybaby GCB95 Wah

What's Hot
Hey guys,

So the GCB95 is the first and only wah I've ever had. I bought it second-hand for a good price. But since purchasing it, I've always felt that I've had to press on the toe really hard for it to switch on. Is this normal for all wahs? Or just the GCB95? Or is it not normal at all? If so, is there a way of fixing it?

Thanks in advance!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Take the bottom off, look for a nut on the pcb, if the nut had come loose give it a tighten and that should position the switch the switch further out of the body. 

Worked on mine,  but mine's a different model .  :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    You can adjust the height of the switch in the pedal casing to change the exact point it clicks as you compress the rubber pads, using the nuts on the switch thread - it’s *very* sensitive so it may need a lot of fiddling to get it just how you want it.

A quicker solution if it’s too stiff is to stick something under the top part of the pedal where it presses on the switch. Try a penny and some blu-tack :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @fastonebaz  @ICBM Awesome! I'll give these methods a try - thanks for the help guys!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Is this normal for all wahs?
    Yes. That is normal for wah pedals that use the treadle to switch the effect on and off. 

The Morley Bad Horsie and BH2 have non-mechanical switching. The Morley Power Wah Volume has a vol/wah mode switch in one corner of the base section … unless one modifies it. ;)
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Superglue a 5p piece onto the top of the switch, looks more pro than a penny :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom