Best BOSS Slow Gear clone?

What's Hot
Mooer? Other suggestions?
'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TC Crescendo. 
    Behringer did a Slow Gear clone and TC have tarted it up and released it as the Crescendo. 
    £27 I think .
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TC Crescendo. 
    Behringer did a Slow Gear clone and TC have tarted it up and released it as the Crescendo. 
    £27 I think .
    Thanks. Just been reading surprisingly positive things about the Behringer. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • The crescendo is awful. I'd happily sell mine for a tenner
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    The original Slow Gear was pretty poor so the Crescendo sounds like an accurate clone. The best ramp in fx i’ve used are the vle bumble bee (now discontinued but they turn up second hand occasionally) and the fade in function in pog2.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3306
    The swell function in the Zoom MS70 CDR is very good, plus you have the added fx and tuner and all can be had for @£50 used
  • Thanks for the suggestions. The Mooer looks like my best bet. I only want it for one track. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Friend of mine had a BYOC one that did the volume swell thing quite well. Can't remember what it was called but they can't do that many of them.
  • Sassafras said:
    Friend of mine had a BYOC one that did the volume swell thing quite well. Can't remember what it was called but they can't do that many of them.
    Google tells me it’s the Lazy Sprocket :)
  • Kebabkid said:
    The swell function in the Zoom MS70 CDR is very good, plus you have the added fx and tuner and all can be had for @£50 used
    Tried a few, and the Zoom was the best by a country mile, including the auto swell sounds on the Timeline and Line 6 M5. It’s that good. 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Kebabkid said:
    Tried a few, and the Zoom was the best by a country mile, including the auto swell sounds on the Timeline and Line 6 M5. It’s that good. 
    Those Zoom units are fantastic value for money. I regret selling mine but will pick another up when I eventually find a job.

Great Slicer, Bitcrush, reverbs and delays, and some of the gains are even decent. Oh and the best reverse reverb I've heard from every one I've tried. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • JezWynd said:
    The original Slow Gear was pretty poor 
    Nah, it’s pretty good when you get the sensitivity set right. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    The Electro-Harmonix Platform can do that slow attack poop. Its compressor/limiter helps with the illusion. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • The Electro-Harmonix Platform can do that slow attack poop. Its compressor/limiter helps with the illusion. 
    Added to the list with thanks.