SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN Fender Custom Shop 1957 Relic Stratocaster £1695

What's Hot
hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1418
edited February 2019 in Guitars £
Selling my Fender Custom Shop 57 relic strat. This strat was made in 1999 in the earlier custom shop years when they didn't use to make as many guitars. This particular guitar has master builder John Cruz's initials stamped onto the neck. When I first played this guitar I was taken back how much it rings and how nicely it plays. The neck is an extremely comfortable soft V. It has a really nice glassy strat tone. It is a fine example of a 57 strat and feels like a real vintage guitar to play. Guitar is in great condition (considering its a relic) and frets are in excellent condition. Comes from a smoke free home. Certificate was lost and a new one produced by Fender (after verification from a dealer). The new certificate is dated 2003 (when the replacement was printed), not 1999 when the guitar was made.

Looking for £1695 PPG including free UK shipping. Will also ship to Ireland, Germany, France, Holland and Belgium.

0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1418
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3053
    Oh Hell, I need to sell a kidney!

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

More pics...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Luca5Luca5 Frets: 150
    Any idea of weight please? Where are you based?
    Cheers
    edited February 2019
    Luca5 said:
    Any idea of weight please? Where are you based?
    Cheers

I'm in Fareham. It weighs 7.9lb on my scales.
  • @hyperben I don't suppose you're able to get a close up shot of the back of the headstock ? 

Julian

Owner of the New (in 2019) guitar shop in Frome, Somerset. Coffee House Guitars. Selling a range of high end used guitars.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12324
    I'm only round the corner from Ben, tempted to pretend I'm in the market so I can come and play it, looks lovely. Good luck selling!
    Reduced to £1695
  • Quick question... Has the CS decal n the rear of the headstock been changed ? Odd position for it...
    Julian

Owner of the New (in 2019) guitar shop in Frome, Somerset. Coffee House Guitars. Selling a range of high end used guitars.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    No not as far as I know. It’s the old version 1 custom shop logo which is correct for the year and looks 100% original. Some details were different back then so that might be standard placement on the older ones but I don’t know for sure.

• Quick question... Has the CS decal n the rear of the headstock been changed ? Odd position for it...
    It looks a little like the lacquer has been removed in the 'usual' place too - can you confirm if this is the case? It'd be an unusual spot for any relic'ing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Is this a fake or something?
  • just to clarify, the custom shop decal is correct. They were all like this prior to the new decal and made in much more limited runs.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danny_777 said:
    It looks a little like the lacquer has been removed in the 'usual' place too 
    What does that mean? Thanks.
  • p_jay78p_jay78 Frets: 182
    The decal style is correct, but i've only ever seen it in that position on a bass. The lighter mark is where a regular serial number would be. Strange! Disclaimer - not questioning the authenticity, just saying what I see! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • just to clarify, the custom shop decal is correct. They were all like this prior to the new decal and made in much more limited runs.
    I'm aware of the logo (had a few older CS myself) but what about the placement?
  • danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660
    edited February 2019
    danny_777 said:
    It looks a little like the lacquer has been removed in the 'usual' place too 
    What does that mean? Thanks.
    In the second-to-last picture, if you look at the back of the circular 'bump' on the end of the headstock (usual serial location) it looks like the lacquer has been removed from that entire section - the wood appears duller in tone and colour.

It might just be the light, however!

• matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    In '97 they changed from an embossed stamp to a decal but the position remained consistent AFAIK
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom