Ebay boutique amp selection

CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
Not that I actually buy a lot but I have some saved searches on ebay for Bogner, Friedman, Soldano etc just to see what's around.

Usually the selection is pretty limited but at the moment there is a load of cool amps up for sale.

Just using Bogner as an example, there is currently:

2 x Helios 100
2 x Shiva 20th Anniversary
1 x Uberschall
1 x Goldfinger
1 x Atma

There's even 2 SLO's for sale on ebay at the moment, which is quite unusual!  Probably both a bit overpriced though, considering we now know that Soldano isn't stopping.

No real point to this, just an observation.  Maybe it's a pre-Brexit clearout!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I think it’s just the market a the moment. Not
    many buyers out there. Expensive amps can be difficult to sell at the best of times unless they’re the latest flavour of the month. Add in Brexit uncertainty and a slowing economy and any prospective buyer better be really sure they want that particular amp otherwise they face being stuck with it or losing a lot of money. 
  • CHrisP86 said:
    Not that I actually buy a lot but I have some saved searches on ebay for Bogner, Friedman, Soldano etc just to see what's around.

Usually the selection is pretty limited but at the moment there is a load of cool amps up for sale.

Just using Bogner as an example, there is currently:

2 x Helios 100
    2 x Shiva 20th Anniversary
    1 x Uberschall
    1 x Goldfinger
    1 x Atma

There's even 2 SLO's for sale on ebay at the moment, which is quite unusual!  Probably both a bit overpriced though, considering we now know that Soldano isn't stopping.

No real point to this, just an observation.  Maybe it's a pre-Brexit clearout!
    They do have quite European sounding names to be fair
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11807
    My Atma was £1400 new, they are now £1559 used in Guitar Guitar...

Made some money there!
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    I bought my Atma Combo from Ebay - well, I did a deal off ebay and saved a few quid - it was almost brand new, still boxed, had been babied since it was bought  - probably in better condition than a "shop floor" model - I saved a chunk off new..

There's another one on there now and I'm soooo tempted to go Stereo.....
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1686
    edited February 2019
    One of the SLO's is £2850, which is right where I'd have expected them to be since the merger, or sale or partnership.

They were selling @£2500 pre-owned before retirement hype last year, and like it or not (I don't) pre-merger SLO's will probably command a small premium over the new ones due to continuing mojo invocation about Mike not personally building them any more (even though he hasn't built many in the last lot of years) or there potentially being no more Deyoungs.

One guy in the US is trying to Sell a 2018 SLO for like 8-10k, on the basis of it being a "final year". He's optimistic.

Others are trying to Sell them for more than a new one cost last year. Also optimistic.