New Joe Perry Gibson custom shop

What's Hot

Comments

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    If you replaced the trem with a fixed bridge, added a neck pickup and got rid of the Tone X I think they could be on to something with that one.  
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    edited February 2019

It's similar to Dave Amato's signature model, but that has a Floyd.

Image result for dave amato les paul

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I get the appeal of this, but I'd rather have a Boneyard. I've always been a bigger fan of natural tops than the gold tops. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    It looks quite a bodge to put the trem on, with the body carve and neck angle, it juts out. Atl east the floyd is recessed and ergonomic.

PRS did it better . . . 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    It would be better with a Floyd.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3005
    I love this guitar, actually preferred the black prototype even more. Especially if it has the same fat neck as the original, black JP Sig LP.
    That said it will be daft pricey so the point is largely moot 
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    Love the idea but would prefer a wraparound tailpiece and finished in Tobacco burst with a nice flame top. I bet you could get Gordon Smith to build this for under £1500......hmm might just do that instead.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    That's a £40 trem by the way. I know because I had to buy a new one for my Vintage.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • No interest whatsoever in Joe Perry, but I love the look of that guitar.

I’ll be making my own version soon. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If I were in the market for a single HB single cut guitar I'd rather have a Huber Krautster. 

https://www.sunburstmusic.com.au/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/NK_krautster_full_800px.jpg

I saw one played live a week or two ago & it sounded EPIC. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Schnozz said:
    It would be better with a Floyd.
    Like death and taxes, this is one of the constants in life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • carlos said:
    That's a £40 trem by the way. I know because I had to buy a new one for my Vintage.
    Hahahha! I thought it was. Not that it can't be good, but c'mon...why on expensive artist model?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    carlos said:
    Hahahha! I thought it was. Not that it can't be good, but c'mon...why on expensive artist model?!
    Might it be a VS100 rather than a VS50?  Still only about £100 though. 
  • Philly_Q said:
    carlos said:
    I had one on a Reverend. It was excellent- smooth & held tune perfectly. I like the way the saddles look too, sleek & modern... Not sure I like it on a LP though. 

... Needs a bigsby. ;-)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Philly_Q said:
    carlos said:
    Yeah. I looked on the Internet about their differences and they at least look exactly the same. Nothing wrong with that trem but if I'm paying that much cash for a guitar and one of its innovations is the bridge, then I expect the brand to have created an exclusive bridge for it the average punter can't find elsewhere.
    I actually like my VS50 a lot, by the way.
  • Look's Crap to me, too be honest
  • Looks like he's about 2/3 of the way through collecting a guitar via De Agostini publishing. I'm sure it's lovely but doesn't do anything for me, rather have an R7 with P90's
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    The Floyd ones look better. The Wilkinson looks to small and feeble in a Lester. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    edited February 2019
    Look's Crap to me, too be honest
    +1 - A Les Paul with one pick-up looks dreadful and is not a Les Paul - to have no neck p/up is IMO frankly stupid re tonal limitations regardless of aesthetics.  It's fine for Joe Perry - he'll use it for one or two numbers and change guitars (which he constantly does throughout his gigs) but for others to buy this with a view to use it as a main guitar is IMO just nuts.  I'm not a fan of single p/up guitars at the best of times but if you want a one p/up guitar the Fender Esquire and Gibson LP Junior, Melody Maker etc are ideal - but not this.  Charging folk more to have less is a case of the Emperor's new clothes and Gibson taking the piss as far as I'm concerned.  And if you're mindful of resell and selling on/second hand market you're going to have a very limited market to sell on to should you tire of it.

Just my personal view against the guitar - not those that may like it, as each to their own of course - and if you like it and have the dosh, then by all means go for it and enjoy.  But I would never ever want one myself.   
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    Elwood said:
    It looks quite a bodge to put the trem on, with the body carve and neck angle, it juts out. Atl east the floyd is recessed and ergonomic.

PRS did it better . . . 

Agreed  ;)

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)