antivaxer Karma

What's Hot

Feel sorry for the little kids, but nevertheless ........ totally avoidable
Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Jalapeno said:

Would be more karmic if it also had a higher than average incidence of autism 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Myranda said:
    Jalapeno said:

Would be more karmic if it also had a higher than average incidence of autism 
    Harsh ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • doogz84doogz84 Frets: 206
    They vaccinate against chickenpox?

I didn't know that. I had chickenpox as a kid. German measles too, and the mumps when I was 24, despite being fully vaccinated.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11873
    doogz84 said:
    They vaccinate against chickenpox?

I didn't know that. I had chickenpox as a kid. German measles too, and the mumps when I was 24, despite being fully vaccinated.

You can get vaccination for chicken pox but I think that you is not on the NHS here and has to be paid for.  In the US though you pay for them all I expect.  I remember having chicken pox as a kid too, quite vividly too.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24267

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    If I squint I can see this as evidence that evolution is actually unstoppable.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    To be fair, those people are objecting to the vaccines based on religious grounds (“if God wants me to get chickenpox, then so be it. Rash me, oh Lord”). I wish people would stop referencing ASD with antivacc’ing. The largest antivac movements worldwide have to do with Christianity, Catholicism and Islam, not autism. 

I thought it was “better” to get chicken pox when you were a kid as it can really rough you up as an adult? Either way, I had it as a child, my kids have both had it. Loved it. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    JDE said:
    To be fair, those people are objecting to the vaccines based on religious grounds (“if God wants me to get chickenpox, then so be it. Rash me, oh Lord”). I wish people would stop referencing ASD with antivacc’ing. The largest antivac movements worldwide have to do with Christianity, Catholicism and Islam, not autism. 

I thought it was “better” to get chicken pox when you were a kid as it can really rough you up as an adult? Either way, I had it as a child, my kids have both had it. Loved it. 

I suspect that most of the people claiming a religious exemption are doing that because it is compulsory to have the vaccination in that state unless you get a religious exemption.  It's going to be a bit like the parents who get a letter from a vicar to get their kids into a church school over here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • It's not Karma when the the poor kids get it instead of their fuckwit parents.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24299
    Indeed , but genetics and all that.  Is there a stupidity gene?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Emp_Fab said:
    Indeed , but genetics and all that.  Is there a stupidity gene?
    We all have it.
  • Here’s a thing. Here in CH the chicken pox vaccine is not recommended by doctors.

The vaccine can cause the same side effects as CP (blindness and death), can also have risk of allergic reaction and does not stop CP completely, it should reduce symptoms

the advice here is only to give the course if your child does not get it naturally before they reach the end of childhood.

both my kids got CP naturally before we even knew there was a vaccine!
  • Here’s a thing. Here in CH the chicken pox vaccine is not recommended by doctors.

The vaccine can cause the same side effects as CP (blindness and death), can also have risk of allergic reaction and does not stop CP completely, it should reduce symptoms

the advice here is only to give the course if your child does not get it naturally before they reach the end of childhood.

both my kids got CP naturally before we even knew there was a vaccine!

Indeed, cp may not be such a huge deal. It's the others (like measles) that are more important - and measles, which was declared eradicated in the USA, is now making a comeback in anti-vax communities.
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    edited February 2019
    It's not Karma when the the poor kids get it instead of their fuckwit parents.
    Yes and they give it to our fucking kids!

Two things that never get old
    1 Dark humour
    2 An unvaccinated child
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom