SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Deluxe Powerhouse Stratocaster ('98/'99) - £430 POSTED

strat4mustangstrat4mustang Frets: 10
edited April 2019 in Guitars £
Hi folks,
Late 90s (serial number indicates it was made in '98 or '99) MIM Deluxe series Powerhouse Stratocaster. Lake Placid Blue Metallic with maple neck and pearloid guard. This is a sought after model that doesn't come up second hand particularly often - people dubbed it the poor man's Clapton strat as the second tone control is actually a 12.5db boost, and the other tone control is no-load. Apparently a common mod on this guitar is to cut off two of the caps on the boost pot to give you the full 25dbs that you get on the Clapton strat. It has a 9v battery in the back for the boost preamp, and a dummy coil so the pickups are effectively noiseless. 
Condition wise, the overall condition is pretty good, spare for a big chip on the lower edge. Bit of fret wear but still got life in them. 
It's a fantastic guitar to play, and sounds so archetypically "stratty", I just really don't like how it looks (superficial, I know). 
I'm based in Biggleswade (Bedfordshire) but work in Cambridge and I'm happy to travel a shortish distance by train. 
Let me know what you've got!
Cheers!
https://imgur.com/a/HEAvxwu
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments