Wiring advice for a novice

Hi all 

I am hoping some can help me out with a proper idiots guide, because all the wiring diagrams I find on line seem different and impossible to decipher (I’m a total novice) 

i have a pair pair of Warman humbuckers (4 wire, black, red, green and white) and a single volume pot (500k push pull) guitar with a 3 way toggle switch 

I want to wire to coil split. 

Any simple clear advice would be very gratefully received! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7752

Based on what the Warman site says, you want this diagram but with the green and black wires from the pickups swapped - so the green wire goes to the toggle switch and the black and the bare wires go to earth (i.e. the common earth on the pot).

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Ok, now that does make a bit of sense to me, looks like o might need to add a wire from output jack, only seems to be one coming from there. I will give this a go! Thank you very much!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    What I would suggest is to make sure you leave enough spare wire on the black and green to swap them if coil-splitting leaves the wrong coils active. The Duncan diagram with Duncan pickups leaves the inner (plain polepiece) coils active, which may not be what you want. Some pickup makers don’t make it clear which coil is which - I’m not familiar with Warman.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein