Our Crowded House promo video

What's Hot
horsehorse Frets: 1563
Check it out - we're playing our debut gig at The Musician in Leicester on 20 March. Any tips on venue recommendations for gigs would be helpful - interested in small theatres:

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Artrix Arts Centre Bromsgrove has tributes as does the Palace Theatre Redditch. 

For more regular venues over over here in the West (Midlands) I guess the Robin 2. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Sounds really good. Wedgewood rooms Portsmouth is a good venue which hosts decent cover bands. Maybe ferneham hall fareham too. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited February 2019
    Nicely done and I like that.

The Boom Boom Club in Sutton, Surrey and The Half Moon in Putney have tribute acts.

Latch onto a tribute band that's playing theatres and see what's on offer. Oh, and good luck and let us know if you end up playing down south (London, Surrey).
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    Cheers guys - much appreciated.

Boom Boom Club was mentioned by somebody somewhere else too, but I thought I was just being propositioned.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kudos to you all. That must have taken some serious work to rehearse and polish. Hats off ;-)
    Kudos to you all. That must have taken some serious work to rehearse and polish. Hats off ;-)
    Thanks mate - we've got 20 tracks sorted, which has taken a while. The hits tend to be the more simple ones
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    That sounds fantastic, will get to the gig if I can
    John_A said:
    That sounds fantastic, will get to the gig if I can
    Cheers mate - say hello to the bald git on keys if you do!
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    Sounds excellent, you realise just how finely crafted those songs were.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited March 2019
    DrJazzTap said:
    Neil Finn is one of the finest songsmiths in the last 50 years! He deserves to be up there with greats.
    DrJazzTap said:
    Thanks. I only knew a handful of the hits before joining, and there's a lot more variety than I expected. Fingers of Love has epic Pink Floyd type soloing, whereas some tracks like Whispers and Moans or In My Command have a bit of a Blur feel in parts, plus lots of Beatlesesque elements of course. I really enjoy Into Temptation - some of the string parts feel quite cinematic. Then there's the short pop rock tracks like Locked Out and Only Natural....

We've also got the Split Enz track I Got You in the set which is a lot of fun to play.