SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - 1985 PRS Custom 24 with Birds - PLUS others 85 Standard, Stormshadow and more to come

What's Hot
th2017th2017 Frets: 45
edited September 2019 in Guitars £
1985 PRS CUSTOM 24 - £7000 shipped

I'm not really sure I want to sell this one, so just thought I'd post and see what happens as
I'll be thinning things out a little over the coming months.

There are few opportunities that come up to purchase a piece of history, I spent a long time looking
for this guitar so it is a little special, and will be a sound investment long term.  From the first year of production this was number 331, back in the days when Paul himself had an active part in the production process, with only around 450 guitars made.
The majority of these were standards rather than customs, with even fewer having birds.

In the USA this guitar would likely be twice the price.  Its unmolested, in lovely condition, with the rare and in demand blue lines case which can fetch $1k on its own.

I'll get some better pictures up in the next few days I appreciate they should be better for a guitar at this price but I wasn't home before dark, will update soon.

I'm asking £7000 I appreciate its a little eye watering buy there aren't many like this out there, a handful in Europe at most.

1985 PRS PRE-STANDARD - £2400 SHIPPED

Also another very rare one, a first year 1985 pre standard, all manogany construction which in many ways sounds more balanced than the custom.

It is ageing very nucely, it has a few minor bunps as shown in the pictures as best as possible but sounds great.

Moons, as you'd expect on a standard, brazilian rosewood fretboard and original case included.

The finish is sinking nicely to show subtle mahogany grain through it. As far as I'm aware the guitar is stock, unmolested and as it should be.  There is a lacquer crack from the edge of the heel.  Everything is fully stable and very happy to be inspected.

STORMSHADOW OUIJA HH SUPERSTRAT - £475 Shipped

I bought this not so long back on ebay, lovely guitar but also bought  another here and prefer a resewood board:

From the original listing:

This guitar has EMG active pickups ( I think 81/85, but can’t be sure as custom paint job has painted the pups really well)

Genuine Floyd Rose tremolo.

The neck is maple with a fast, relatively thin unfinished neck which is a joy.

The active pickups really make the harmonics leap out.

There is a current listing on eBay for the ESP version at almost ten grand.

This guitar is almost mint. There is a very slight tarnishing of the black hard wear around the genuine Floyd Rose tremolo, from where your right hand rests when palm muting. It’s practically in noticeable, but I like to be ultra picky when describing my guitars. There are no dings or scratches. I can’t really see any swirl marks either.  There is one small nick in the inside of the horn that can be seen in the pictures but in great condition otherwise.

There’s some light marks due to a build up of finger tip oils around frets 3 to 5 due to the unfinished neck. It’ll probably clean off easily if it bothers you.

21reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments