NSD New Strap Day

What's Hot
Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 242
I Just thought Id post this as Adam at Airstraps was great to deal with.  There UK handmade vintage style straps.

Ive had souldier straps before and this is nicer the seatbelt is thicker, feels nicer quality same with the leather ends.  Defo recommend this over souldier.  Lovely strap :)

The model I ordered was the 'Zephyr'.  I wanted black leather ends though instead of the brown shown on the site and he did that for me no problem.

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got Souldier straps for mine, which are obviously comparable. Not sure how I feel about the leather ends on these though...looks to be single width over the peg whereas the Souldier ones are double layer all the way and stitched.

Style points for matching to your carpet though! XD
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm a big Souldier fan but that is a lovely looking strap.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    I make all my students take their straps off as there is nothing more annoying seeing someone constantly repositioning a flaccid (aka impotent) strap whilst struggling to make a BARRE chord...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Surely should be getting them to adjust the strap so the guitar is largely held while sat and in correct position then when standing?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    no-one plays standing anymore! At least when playing by themselves/in bedrooms... I used to love posing with mine and never sat down... how times have changed...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    My wife bought me an Airstrap for christmas, which I use on an acoustic... lovely looking, well made and very comfortable,

The leather strap ends are quite thick and stiff, whilst doing the job perfectly: )

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My wife bought me an Airstrap for christmas, which I use on an acoustic... lovely looking, well made and very comfortable,

The leather strap ends are quite thick and stiff, whilst doing the job perfectly: )

Now that’s a pretty strap
  • Nice straps - I'll look into these :)
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 242
    I've got Souldier straps for mine, which are obviously comparable. Not sure how I feel about the leather ends on these though...looks to be single width over the peg whereas the Souldier ones are double layer all the way and stitched.

The ends are better on these super thick stiff leather.  The souldier ones were very flimsy and I even had the straps come off due to that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    My wife bought me an Airstrap for christmas, which I use on an acoustic... lovely looking, well made and very comfortable,

I like that. It contains all my favourite colours.
  • Th4fonz said:
    I've got Souldier straps for mine, which are obviously comparable. Not sure how I feel about the leather ends on these though...looks to be single width over the peg whereas the Souldier ones are double layer all the way and stitched.

The ends are better on these super thick stiff leather.  The souldier ones were very flimsy and I even had the straps come off due to that.
    Cheers for the follow up photo...that's a lot more reassuring actually, probably as thick as the Souldier end but should benefit from being just the one layer then. Will bare these in mind next time I'm strap hunting.

Treat yourself to some Grolsch to celebrate, finish up with the washers and job done!
  • Sassafras said:

I like that. It contains all my favourite colours.

With the amount of colours in there it was good odds.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Th4fonz said:
    I Just thought Id post this as Adam at Airstraps was great to deal with.  There UK handmade vintage style straps.

Ive had souldier straps before and this is nicer the seatbelt is thicker, feels nicer quality same with the leather ends.  Defo recommend this over souldier.  Lovely strap :)

The model I ordered was the 'Zephyr'.  I wanted black leather ends though instead of the brown shown on the site and he did that for me no problem.

I have an identical camera strap. :-)
  • Very very nice. Now I have strap gassage. 
  • My wife bought me an Airstrap for christmas, which I use on an acoustic... lovely looking, well made and very comfortable,

Now that’s a pretty strap
    Its got that Kum by Ya vibe for certain.  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom