Julian Bream mastrclass and musicality

sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01kw481/julian-bream-masterclass-4-benjamin-britten

If you have iPlayer,
just listened to this. Classical guitar, which probably won’t be most peoples’ thing

but I think worth spending half an hour watching and listening.  2 young highly accomplished classical guitarists, with Bream commenting, cajoling, explaining, and demonstrating

amazing to see the way that Bream makes quite a difficult to listen piece sound beautifully musical.  The 2 players can obviously play the highly complex notes but they just don’t sound as wonderfully musical as Bream does.  
Apart from the very complex parts, the bit that amazed me was how long he spent with the first guy purely on playing just the first note!!

obvioulsy not for all, but I think there is so much in here for anyone who plays a solo in any part of their guitar playing.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    Oh wow, I didn't realise these were available. I guess that's my Sunday planned, then! Thanks for posting  :)
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    beed84 said:
    Oh wow, I didn't realise these were available. I guess that's my Sunday planned, then! Thanks for posting  :)
    YouTube has a number of them too