Ring mods

What's Hot
CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
in FX tFB Trader

Thinking about the Subdecay Vitruvian or maybe EHX Ring Thing, anyone had these, any thoughts? Seems bleed through(?) when turned off is a thing with ring mods, I wouldn't know, or if these two have it. The EHX has presets and expression which seems great but not keen on the size. The Subdecay seems like it has good sounds in there but no presets or exp, small size in it's favour.

Randy's Revenge is too much cash and I've not heard anything I like in the Way Huge demos. Any others to look for?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There is a Minifooger one and you can plug an expression pedal into it. Not too sure it’s made anymore but you might turn one up. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • The moogerfooger ring mod is brilliant. A stunning tremolo that can go very mental
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Only one I ever liked was the Ring Worm. It's bonkers.
    It's hard to tell from a demo vid how usable it is. Takes a lot of playing around with the controls. 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7778

I've got a Vitruvian Mod, which I like a lot. It's silent when off.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • I hope Major Thorpy and Lovetone Dan make some kind of successor to the Ring Stinger.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Frostwave Blueringer if you can find one.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    I have a Moogerfooger Ring Mod. I never use it..... Want it? 
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    I had the Ring Thing. Lots of fun does more than ring mod and you can tune the modulation and save presents...  I never found a use for it with the band but spent hours at home making horrible noises.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Cheers all. Thinking I like the Vitruvian most so far but demos of all of the above are a right mixed bag. @Paul_C if you want to sell let me know. @merlin cheers, will listen to more demos later and drop you a PM.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7778
    Corvus said:
    Cheers all. Thinking I like the Vitruvian most so far but demos of all of the above are a right mixed bag. @Paul_C if you want to sell let me know. @merlin cheers, will listen to more demos later and drop you a PM.

Sorry, it's not going anywhere.

:)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    tFB Trader
    No worries :)
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 399
    edited February 2019
    I've had quite a few ring mods (notably the CoPilot Android and EHX Frequency Analyzer) but the Ibanez PM7 (from the same range as the DE7) is the one I keep coming back to. Cheeeeap, too.
  • merlin said:
    I have a Moogerfooger Ring Mod. I never use it..... Want it? 
    @merlin I'd be interested in that ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    I have an EHX Ring Thing. I shall have to test it for bypass mode audio leakage. I only use the pedal for home studio experimental muzak.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    tFB Trader
    @merlin thanks but don't think the Moog is for me, @meltedbuzzbox over to you.