Purple Rain

What's Hot
RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3145
in Amps tFB Trader
Spent the day on Friday filming some videos at Andertons, managed to capture this little jam on my phone during a break. It's pretty cool when players of this calibre choose to use your gear and even better when they get two different-yet-equally-great tones out of them. Days like this make all of the difficult ones worthwhile :)

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
Rift Amplification
Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
Brackley, Northamptonshire
www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Lovely sounds going on there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Outstanding Chris :)
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2425
    I love the way they listen and complement each other so well.

Excellent sounds. Starting an amp building company from scratch, achieving success and then seeing players of this calibre demoing them so well on You Tube for public view must be such a great feeling.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I wonder if with the cost of American stuff going up shops will give more space to UK builders.
  • its what jamming should be like, listening and complimenting each other. pleasure to listen to
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2425
    DanR said:
    I wonder if with the cost of American stuff going up shops will give more space to UK builders.
    I’d like to think so. We have excellent amp builders in Britain that are easily the equivalent (or more) of most American boutique amp builders. I think often it is the case that being American gives them more ‘mojo’ and makes them seem more desirable. It’s all marketing and ingrained attitudes. Hopefully the silly prices now being asked for many of those American amps in the UK will give our builders a well deserved opportunity.
    tFB Trader
    DanR said:
    I know every time Fender put their prices up I become a little busier :)
    In my view the U.S builders are far better at marketing their products....but that goes for many U.S companies in different sectors as well.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    I’m fortunate to live in the centre of a little Hot spot of talent, with Chris @RiftAmps  Adrian @ThorpyFX and Anthony of Ryder Guitars on my doorstep. The downside ? They are bloody Enablers dammit :) only need a Thorpy Pedal now and I have a Holy Trinity as the deposit has gone in for my Rift build 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6130
    tFB Trader
    Jimbro66 said:
    DanR said:
    I’d like to think so. We have excellent amp builders in Britain that are easily the equivalent (or more) of most American boutique amp builders. I think often it is the case that being American gives them more ‘mojo’ and makes them seem more desirable. It’s all marketing and ingrained attitudes. Hopefully the silly prices now being asked for many of those American amps in the UK will give our builders a well deserved opportunity.
    I’ve just seen a Fender customshop champ at £3995..... water damaged of course
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    That's the first Anderton's vid I've watched all the way through.
    My previous record was about 3 minutes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    exocet said:
    In my view the U.S builders are far better at marketing their products....but that goes for many U.S companies in different sectors as well.
    How so?
    lonestar said:
    exocet said:
    How so?
    I found that small "boutique" U.S builders were using the Internet to market / sell their products globally back in the mid 00's. The major U.K brands were not too far behind but smaller players were not as visible (at least that was my experience). Obviously U.S market is huge which gives them scale to base a global offering but even so, the whole marketing of product has always been a strength of the Americans? 
    tFB Trader
    But that’s the thing... everything in America is big. They absolutely love the sound of their own voices too when it comes to marketing. As you mentioned, the US market is rather large and dictates a lot of what happens. 

Make no mistake though, the UK has got some serious talent right now and I’m supporting our boys first and foremost. 

lonestar said:
    But that’s the thing... everything in America is big. They absolutely love the sound of their own voices too when it comes to marketing. As you mentioned, the US market is rather large and dictates a lot of what happens. 

Make no mistake though, the UK has got some serious talent right now and I’m supporting our boys first and foremost. 

The point I was making was referring to U.S Marketing "nous" and might. As you say, we have some very impressive home grown talent and products.

I'm pretty sure that terms like "Custom Shop" "Period Correct" "Vintage Old Stock" etc emanated from U.S Marketing departments in order to create / increase global demand? Even plectrum manufacturers have Custom Shops now...bonkers really.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 783
    Wonderful. Well done all involved. The vibroverb on rifts site haunts me.
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
    Glorious. Gave me goosebumps.

Some stunning sounds from the backline there. No doubt helped by the talent on the stools!!
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Love that phrase Aynsley plays at 3:10.
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    edited February 2019
    Any other Aynsley-related news you want to impart Chris @RiftAmps ;; ...?  ;) 
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3145
    tFB Trader
    Any other Aynsley-related news you want to impart Chris @RiftAmps ;; ...?  ;) 
    He's currently recording a new album, I'm sure he'll tell us all about it at The Guitar Show this weekend :)
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk