Used Rift Tweed 15 at peach

What's Hot

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2425
    When the same spec amp can be bought brand new from Rift, inc cover, for £1,800 the Peach offering is not exactly a bargain. I'd rather pay the extra £200 to Rift to support a great amp builder.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3144
    tFB Trader
    Shame they don’t list the serial number otherwise I could tell you how old it is. Looks to be in great condition though. Hope it goes to a good home 
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66 said:
    When the same spec amp can be bought brand new from Rift, inc cover, for £1,800 the Peach offering is not exactly a bargain. I'd rather pay the extra £200 to Rift to support a great amp builder.
    Stupid stuff from Peach, who's going to pay 90% of the new price when the new price (I assume) comes with a warranty period?  There's a reason second hand items are less than new, nothing to do with condition. 
  • it does seems quite pricey!
  • enjoenjo Frets: 278
    These are absolutely brilliant amps BTW @RiftAmps - one day I'll get one of my own!
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3144
    tFB Trader
    clarkefan

the new price (I assume) comes with a warranty period?  There's a reason second hand items are less than new, nothing to do with condition. 
    All new Rift amps come with a lifetime warranty to the original names purchaser

enjo said:
    These are absolutely brilliant amps BTW @RiftAmps - one day I'll get one of my own!
    Thanks man!
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    enjo said:
    I'd love a Rift too but the trouble is Chris makes too many very desirable models and it becomes so hard to decide which. I'd love a Tweed Vee - or a TV Front Tweed 30 - or a Deluxe 22 with brownface and blackface channels  -  or..............

It goes on and on.  Ive got the money but can't decide which. I don't particularly fancy a trip to Andertons to compete in the booths with all the spotty-faced metallers but then Brackley is past the Thames and keep going :o  Decisions, decisions.

I know one amp I'd like to see from Rift, which would be for home/studio use rather than gigging, and that's something like the PR6 1x10 (i.e. compact) but with a little more power AND also with a built-in attenuator similar to the Carr Skylark so I could carry on playing without disturbing the missus.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    @Jimbro66 the PR18 in aged lacquered tweed will be mine... oh yes... it will be mine
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
    edited February 2019
    lonestar said:
    @Jimbro66 the PR18 in aged lacquered tweed will be mine... oh yes... it will be mine
    I have the pr18 Blackface circuit Grey tweed. Gigged it last night and it was stunning. I was playing in a two guitar band, bass drums and vocals. The other guitarist had a Fender HRD III. The rift cut through very nicely, had lots of headroom which kept up his 40w. He  even said the rift sounded bigger! So impressed. 
    tFB Trader
    My brother n law has the PR18. Ive spent a little time with it and tbh I’d sell my Lonestar if it weren’t for that Mesa lead channel. The rift is the best clean amp I’ve heard or had the privilege of playing. 
    lonestar said:
    And we'll deserved too :)  Needless to say, you have some very nice guitars to play through it.
    tFB Trader
    Jimbro66 said:
    lonestar said:
    And we'll deserved too :)  Needless to say, you have some very nice guitars to play through it.
    I wish! I still only have the one Strat although by the time easter comes in hoping to add a second and shortly after a tele will follow :)
    tFB Trader
    The amp seems to have gone?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    lonestar said:
    The amp seems to have gone?
    So it does. Sold or withdrawn?? They would have been open for 4 hours today so maybe someone succumbed to the amp's charms. Not a bargain but no doubt one happy customer.