Slash (Glasgow)

What's Hot

Comments

• Yep...

Standing at the back now for better sound is the proper thing to do. 

Look forward to your review!
    Exactly this, it was a revelation to me how good the sound was at the back. Cant wait for your review @FarleyUK - enjoy the show :)

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 991
    I always think you enjoy the show better nearer the back or in the middle. Right up front you don't get a sense of the atmosphere of the event.

Has he ditched his custom Marshall amp rig now? The one with the 'trucker girl' logos on it?
  • Think so...

Yeah I'd say the middle, outside of the circle at the front, is a good compromise. 

Yep - support band were pretty good!
  • Yep...

Standing at the back now for better sound is the proper thing to do. 

Look forward to your review!
    I always try to stand immediately in front of the sound desk area. 

Given that they are responsible for making the gig sound good, and their ears should be hearing exactly the same as mine in that position, it just seems logical. 

Also you get a barrier to lean on! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • @Legionreturns very good points!! :) :) 
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    Sounds like the band tore your head off. Classic Slash. I wish I'd been there. I'd love GNR to record a new album. Reunions are usually a botch, but I reckon their new album will blow us away. I'd also love Queen to record a new album with the majestic Adam Lambert.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2391
    Just back at the hotel.

Christ, they were on fire tonight - best I've seen and heard them all play. Was quite surprised at how full the set sounded with just the one cover in there too.

And the sound was excellent too! Only downsides were the end of the queue was a ten minute walk from the entrance - it was utterly rammed in there, which led to a few 'incidents'.

Love the red signature les paul he's using - is he using Silver Jubilees live now as well?
  • Is there a link to this Les Paul (not that I'm going to buy it....)

Sounds like the performances are all pretty much sh!t hot. Man... tempted to get on a plane and see they play abroad :lol:
    Whatever he's using, it sounds bloody brilliant. 
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader
    Is there a link to this Les Paul (not that I'm going to buy it....)

Sounds like the performances are all pretty much sh!t hot. Man... tempted to get on a plane and see they play abroad :lol:

This one?

• Is there a link to this Les Paul (not that I'm going to buy it....)

The red one is called the ‘Bolivian’ or something... follow ‘Slash’s Guitars’ on Facebook for more info. It’s a prototype but it’s basically the Brazilian dream one with a different finish so it’ll be about £13k when it comes out!

• Rabs said:
    Is there a link to this Les Paul (not that I'm going to buy it....)

This one?

Looks and sounds beautiful.

The way they say LESS PAUL does my fucking nut in though!
    It was more the colour scheme that I loved. After all, how much can they keep improving on the previous signature Slash model...??
  • No, the one I'm talking about was red...
  • No, the one I'm talking about was red...
    Google ‘slash Bolivian Les paul’

if you’re on Instagram then take a look at @tako217 - she gets to the front for every single gig and takes great photos and videos. There’s loads from Glasgow and she has started uploading some good London ones

• Ah, that's it, thanks.... 
    So expensive..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't like it, or the Brazilian one... especially not for the price! Unfortunately all of the finishes I associate with Slash have been done and are hard to get hold of. I wish they'd do a standard run model that was always available like the PRS Tremonti.

I must say its the one thing that annoys me a little about Slash - lately it seems like he plays a guitar only to make money from it. Remember 2016 when he started playing an Anaconda Les Paul? Then it came out and he stopped playing it. Then the Firebird and he stopped playing it and now the Brazilian Dream and I'm sure he'll stop playing it soon enough...

I don't like it, or the Brazilian one... especially not for the price! Unfortunately all of the finishes I associate with Slash have been done and are hard to get hold of. I wish they'd do a standard run model that was always available like the PRS Tremonti.

I must say its the one thing that annoys me a little about Slash - lately it seems like he plays a guitar only to make money from it. Remember 2016 when he started playing an Anaconda Les Paul? Then it came out and he stopped playing it. Then the Firebird and he stopped playing it and now the Brazilian Dream and I'm sure he'll stop playing it soon enough...

And the Slash Signature JCM amp..... and the AFD100.....
  • To be fair he has used the JCM amp quite a lot over the years and he used the AFD100 for a number of years until he realised his live tone sucked. AFAIK Apocalyptic Love was recorded with the AFD100

To be fair he has used the JCM amp quite a lot over the years and he used the AFD100 for a number of years until he realised his live tone sucked. AFAIK Apocalyptic Love was recorded with the AFD100
    Yeah, it was - that's one of the reasons I purchased one!

He sure does like to chop and change though; next we'll see another signature Silver Jubilee I bet.
  • chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 516
    edited February 2019
    Apparently the London show was filmed for DVD