In and out of love

RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
I must be a bit fickle. I have a really nice Koch Twintone II which has superb build quality and three excellent channels, it really does sound very nice.  I use it for a while and then it just doesn't sound quite as nice so I stop using it and stick it away in a corner.  A few months later I dust it off and it sounds amazing again.  Anybody else suffer from this?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24799
    I think a lot of players are more fickle with amps than they are with guitars.

I've owned my 'key' guitars for a long time but I'm always interested in trying out new amps, for fear of missing out on something....

I agree though, sometimes gear you haven't used for a while can pleasantly surprise. Perhaps familiarity does breed contempt.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33786
    The search for the perfect amp is just as futile as the search for the perfect guitar.
    Sometimes you just gave to say 'fuck it- I'm just going to play' but I know what you mean.

Although I've been using the same amp now for 3 years or so and not falling out of love with it at all.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7155
    im totally the other way; find one with a clean tone I like, and thats it! Though I do think it depends on what you have, obviously; I got a Blackstar Artisan 30 about 3 or 4 years ago and have had no inclination to change at all, nor do I expect to.