Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Decorated the man cave...

What's Hot

Comments

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654
    Mine had a screed floor which was a stipulation of the planning regs people.  The garage itself is integral to the house.  The house was built 2001 with a concrete slab floor.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicwolf said:
    Mine had a screed floor which was a stipulation of the planning regs people.  The garage itself is integral to the house.  The house was built 2001 with a concrete slab floor.
    Mine is at the back of the garden so separate from our house, but I did read something about having a screed on there but I think that's part of the concrete laying process.
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    Was loving it till I noticed the bowl of polished pebbles,not very rock’n’roll.
     The wife has jar fulls that she’s paid a fortune for even though I tell her she can pick them up off the street for nothing. It’s like the Hokey Cokey with that type of stuff in and out of MY room just to make it look nice then she moans at me to keep the door shut cos of the row,!
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
    edited February 2019
    sweepy said:
    Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but for the garages with carpet, did you install a damp proof membrane or a "false floor" underneath your underlay and over concrete? I'm in the process of converting mine in to a music room and the builders left a damp proof membrane sheet but I believe this is meant to be installed during the concrete process, for which ours already has concrete there.
    I painted my concrete floor with rubberised floor sealant then the damp course membrane running about afoot up the wall. On top of that I used solid rock wool blocks with 18mm flooring chipboard then wooden floor underlay topped off with. Wickes wooden floor panels, been solid as a rock for 18 yrsso far
    That's pretty much what I did, mebrane on top of painted and sealed concrete floor, then wooden beams to raise the level to match the floor level to that of the rest of the house and nailed in chipboads sheets, then underlay and carpet. That was in 2001.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7336
    With those pillows stuck to the wall and ceiling is more a padded cell than a cave..??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Me need man cave. Fat chance of that .....
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Did you nick the clock face from the town hall, it's bloody big! 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
    edited February 2019
    Kilgore said:
    There's a large grocery store in Paris where they can't tell the time anymore.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Looks ace, but do you actually create any music, or just clean and organise (I know which did when I had my man-cave) :)
  • dindude said:
    Looks ace, but do you actually create any music, or just clean and organise (I know which did when I had my man-cave) :)

No time for music making, I spend all my time worrying about my pension and entertaining stray cats

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kilgore said:
    Doc & Marty like it

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Kilgore said:
    Doc & Marty like it

So you've got a clock that hasn't worked since 1955 and no garage for the DeLorean. You haven't thought this through, have you?  :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12351
    My "man cave" has been requisitioned as a kids playroom, little bleeders don't contribute at all financially and take up two bedrooms and the spare room downstairs.  At 16 they are both joining the navy whether they like it or not.  My amps are in a cupboard in the lounge, my pedal board is under the settee and the guitars are upstairs, its a disaster.
  • munckee said:
    My "man cave" has been requisitioned as a kids playroom, little bleeders don't contribute at all financially and take up two bedrooms and the spare room downstairs.  At 16 they are both joining the navy whether they like it or not.  My amps are in a cupboard in the lounge, my pedal board is under the settee and the guitars are upstairs, its a disaster.

Been there, at one time my cave was a laptop set up at one end of the dining table inbetween meals.

• tone1 said:
    I like to join my coving with a mitre joint.... :)
    How on earth did you spot that from the photo?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    When you find the missing guitar and hang it back up they will form some sort of tribute/shrine to the fuseboard...
  • Simon_M said:
    When you find the missing guitar and hang it back up they will form some sort of tribute/shrine to the fuseboard...
    Yep there's an empty hangar waiting for the right guitar to come along...

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5150
    edited February 2019
    tone1 said:
    I like to join my coving with a mitre joint....
    How on earth did you spot that from the photo?
    I think I might be ‘Rain man’.....well I am an excellent driver....
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Lovely job, like the wall colours !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Finally got the new furniture for the other end of the room: