SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Yamaha TVL

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7114
edited April 2019 in Guitars £
I picked this up from the lovely  @Dontgiveupyourdayjob  around a month ago as I was looking to cut down to one all round electric plus my acoustic to see if I’d play more and widdle less (and spend less time horse trading on here)
The TVL is awesome , it does almost everything but loses out to the DGT I bought at the same time as the PRS can do a passable les Paul thump too.

The Yamaha is immaculate, no longer made afaik
 and comes with an upgraded roller bridge for improved tuning stability, and a TGI hardcase (I don’t think they came with a case originally)

The neck is fantastic, it has a really nice low action and the switching options gets you all sorts of tones including some surprising Stratty ones.

I don’t have a box so I’d rather not ship but I’m happy to drive out to meet within reason , I’m in Dorset but often get dragged to Bath, Bristol , Winchester , Salisbury and Exeter by my shopaholic daughter.

Its now £435 which is a bargain looking at what they go for elsewhere.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• A mate on here very politely let me know that there’s one of these on EBay right now for £425.

That’s a steal imho and also means I’ve got a good excuse to withdraw this one for now at least and play it a little longer :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank god for that, have looked at this a dozen times today thinking “can I sneak it in without Mrs noticing” 
  • Go and find that EBay one Mikey , they are cracking guitars - really versatile. I’m hoping I can mentally and financially tweak my new self imposed one electric guitar rule to one electric and one semi.
  • i Can’t Con, until I move one I’m at max guitar capacity at the moment, and that’s not even including the one I have away getting refinished by Rich. 
  • I hear you Mikey, I’m looking forward to seeing the before and after pictures though as Rich did a cracking job on an old Tokai Strat of mine. It’ll be worth the wait for sure 
  • This is the before Con

https://i.imgur.com/6wtHCi9.jpg

The after will be slightly different 
  • Aaaah, is that the one that we spoke about on here , I think it was an EBay find wasn’t it ?  Great guitars those Vintage ones , are you going faded TV Yellow or Olympic white or something more out there ?
  • A lot more out there Con, yeah it was eBay find , i owned one before and they are great guitars so decided to go a bit mad on this one new pots, pick ups and a whole new paint job 
  • Nice one , very much looking forward to that now then. I’m exoecting a purple burst with birds
  • Your right with the burst
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7114
    Decision made - I’m letting the Yamaha go. It’s beautiful, plays really well but I’m biting the bullet and seeing how I get on with 1 electric and the DGT has that edge for me.

I've had a look around and the cheapest I can see one used is £599, there’s a couple of dearer ones on Reverb.  I’ve dropped the price to a firm £450 which includes  nice hard case and the upgraded roller bridge.

Shirley some sort of bargain ? 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5466
    I have a TVL. Out of interest, what type of roller bridge is on yours?
    @DiscoStu  I bought it with on there and there’s no particular distinguishing features unfortunately - it does keep it nicely in tune even with moderate Bigsby waggling.

. @Dontgiveupyourdayjob - sorry mate , any idea of the bridge that’s on there ?
  • @DiscoStu  I bought it with on there and there’s no particular distinguishing features unfortunately - it does keep it nicely in tune even with moderate Bigsby waggling.

. @Dontgiveupyourdayjob - sorry mate , any idea of the bridge that’s on there ?
    I'm not sure I'm afraid, it had already been modded by the time I got my paws on it! Always seemed to work perfectly for me, so never felt any need to tinker with it or check on what it actually was.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5466
    You guys are rubbish!  =)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7140
    Great guitars and I have a Schaller roller bridge on mine.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• borntohangborntohang Frets: 134
    Looks like a Wilkinson roller there as the saddles face both ways. Good bridges. 
    Thanks @Dontgiveupyourdayjob ,Cheers for the comments too guys
    Bumperoo
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
    Oh god - this is in Dorch??