SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wtb: Strat pickguard for an affinity

Hi, I recently picked up a basic Strat affinity. Unfortunately the single ply pickguard is warped and cracking at some screw holes.

Therefore I'm looking for a triple ply SSS guard in parchment, white or mint on that order of preference. Used is fine, the guitar itself is well used. Might be interested in a loaded guard if anyone has one.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Nearly all aftermarket ones are made to US specs. You'll want either a pickguard removed from the same model or a blank one without mounting holes so that you can drill your own (I have the latter).
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • alexhalexh Frets: 58
    Thanks, I have read some contradictory information with some people saying that the swap has worked between the various models just fine.

Let me know the price for the undrilled guard.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    edited February 2019
    alexh said:
    I have read some contradictory information with some people saying that the swap has worked between the various models just fine.
    The ease of replacement depends upon a willingness to drill additional screw holes into an Affinity STRAT body. 

My recollection is that both the Affinity control cavity and the single ply white ‘guard are slightly longer than normal at the point below the second tone control. Hence, when attempting to fit a “regular” ‘guard, the fastening screw in that corner is trying to bite into fresh air.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • alexhalexh Frets: 58
    Thanks. Maybe I can find a pickguard template and do some checks.
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk