NAD & a question

After to a resent bout of valve infatuation & looking for something gigable & more importantly liftable I have finally come to my senses & bought a Fender hotrod deluxe, no idea why it's taken so long. Question for those in the know, the info plate on the back states 230V, I know on some fender amps, ie blues junior, there is a simple fix to swap them to 240v, can this be done on the Hotrod series (this a MIM version) or is it not an issue on this model ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    Yes it can, I did mine recently. It involves swapping a couple of spade connectors around, but because I'm not 100% certain which ones I swapped and it involves mains voltages I'm not going to try and remember here!

@ICBM will be along in a bit to let you know....
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    p90fool said:
    Yes it can, I did mine recently. It involves swapping a couple of spade connectors around, but because I'm not 100% certain which ones I swapped and it involves mains voltages I'm not going to try and remember here!
    It's the white/black wire on P4 and the black wire on P10. Swap these so the white/black is on P10 and the black on P4. You will sometimes have to cut the cable tie on the bundle of wires but it can usually be done without if you're careful. It's easiest to pull the connectors off with a pair of fine-nose pliers if you have them.

It's worth doing, it makes the amp run slightly cooler in a couple of areas which help with valve life and long-term reliability.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Thanks for that, the amp came with operating instr which contained a couple of circuit diags, those positions are clearly marked so I will get the back off & have a look.