Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The little things...

What's Hot
That drive you NUTS! 

I've lived with MrsLostSon for 20+years, we got together as teenagers. I love her & am happily married with two great children... 

But in that whole time I don't think she's EVER put ANYTHING in the dishwasher. She just puts dirty crockery on the worksurface & wanders off. Leaving me to load the dishwasher. 
It eventually drives me crazy. I've mentioned it repeatedly & it never changes. I'm aware that in the grand scheme of things it's relatively minor, but one day there will be a reckoning!!  

Now I've got that off my chest... Anyone else want to vent about "minor" annoyances that might lead to you appearing on Crime Watch? 
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12345
    edited February 2019
    I've had the same conversation with missus munckee (about her not your wife obviously) she points out I have no clue how to use the washing machine or what products you would use to clean the bathroom. 

I think that's what she said. I mostly heard "blah blah blah". 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    That drive you NUTS! 

I've lived with MrsLostSon for 20+years, we got together as teenagers. I love her & am happily married with two great children... 

But in that whole time I don't think she's EVER put ANYTHING in the dishwasher. She just puts dirty crockery on the worksurface & wanders off. Leaving me to load the dishwasher. 
    It eventually drives me crazy. I've mentioned it repeatedly & it never changes. I'm aware that in the grand scheme of things it's relatively minor, but one day there will be a reckoning!!  

Now I've got that off my chest... Anyone else want to vent about "minor" annoyances that might lead to you appearing on Crime Watch? 

She clearly still believes in the Dishwasher Fairy, just like MrsCJ 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Anecdotally there are men who get quite anal about how things are loaded into dishwashers. Maybe you were once that guy and Mrs Lostson just decided to leave you to it. 
    There are several things that MrsTheWeary does which are ongoing punishments for crimes I have long forgotten. I have sole responsibility for buying kitchen roll, for example, because of something I said decades ago. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited February 2019

My wife does loads of little things that wind me up. When feeding the cats the foil top ripped off the food pouches get left on the kitchen worktop side, every time, not just occasionally, every single time she feeds them. We hang a carrier bag on a cupboard door handle for non recyclable rubbish collected during the day tie it up at tea time and put in the outside bin.

It's 27.5 inches from the area she leaves the cat food soaked foil cat food pouch tops, I've measured it and showed her during a rant one evening, 27.5 inches yet she can't be arsed to put them in the rubbish bag...ever.

I want to stab her in the eye with a fork when I pick the cold gravy/jelly slopped foil ends up and have to wipe the worktop down.

Johnny Vaughn runs a feature on his Radio X show called Petty Rage Syndrome where listeners call and message in with their rampant petty rages. He tries to match you up with a Petty Rage Partner to help sympathise with your plight.

And another thing...I appear to be the only one in the house that knows where the bog rolls are kept. 3 shitters and often not one with a bog roll on it. On the rare occasion one of the teenagers plucks up the courage to go and get one from the hall cupboard it gets left on the cistern as they don't appear to have the measure of the toilet roll holder yet.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    On the topic of loo roll. New sheets *must* hang away from the wall. Arrrrrgh. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    edited February 2019

EricTheWeary said:

Anecdotally there are men who get quite anal about how things are loaded into dishwashers. Maybe you were once that guy and Mrs Lostson just decided to leave you to it. 
    There are several things that MrsTheWeary does which are ongoing punishments for crimes I have long forgotten. I have sole responsibility for buying kitchen roll, for example, because of something I said decades ago. 

Yes! I can relate to this. 

Although for me it's logic. Not anal

When my lovely wife fills it up the dishwasher random is not the word. Nothing goes together. Everything put in, in a haphazard way, minimising the space and the efficiency of the cleaning.

It's like she's fired the dishes and cutlery out of a cannon at the thing. And just left it as-is.

There's no logic to it, other than she can't be arsed. We've had words. I've even ended up calling her ignorant (lol). To no avail.

The dishwasher is now kaput however, so now we're arguing about who is doing the washing up instead.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17598
    tFB Trader
    Surely this belongs in the boils my piss thread?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Kalimna said:

That's the correct way apparently, and how you get them in hotels but I prefer them hanging down the back

• Kalimna said:

That's the correct way apparently, and how you get them in hotels but I prefer them hanging down the back
    WHAT!!!!!

Burn the heretic!!!!!
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7776

If these little things are the only things you have to complain about in an otherwise happy house then you're all fucking idiots. Realise how lucky you are, suck it up and move on.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    I think I've said this before, I don't moan or force my wife to play my guitars or mess with my amps so I don't see why she keeps moaning that I don't get involved enough in her hobbies ,like ironing and stuff. 
     I stopped making the bed because I decided I may as well get moaned at for not doing it instead of getting moaned at for doing it all wrong, need a bloody set square to get that right!
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilW1 said:
    I think I've said this before, I don't moan or force my wife to play my guitars or mess with my amps so I don't see why she keeps moaning that I don't get involved enough in her hobbies ,like ironing and stuff. 
     I stopped making the bed because I decided I may as well get moaned at for not doing it instead of getting moaned at for doing it all wrong, need a bloody set square to get that right!

I proper LOLled at that!

I told my wife once, in all seriousness,  that there are teams of scientists diligently working in labs and design offices across the world 24 hours a day designing tools to make her and all women's lives easier and that she should be grateful that I go out of my way to ensure she has access to these tools on a daily basis, washing machine, iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner, dishwasher etc.

In fact, I went on, her own birthday is a perfect annual reminder for her to thank me for keeping her fed, shod and shagged for another year of her life, for, where would she be if I hadn't plucked from the council estate benefits and drug addled oblivion that she was surely destined for? 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilW1 said:

I proper LOLled at that!

I told my wife once, in all seriousness,  that there are teams of scientists diligently working in labs and design offices across the world 24 hours a day designing tools to make her and all women's lives easier and that she should be grateful that I go out of my way to ensure she has access to these tools on a daily basis, washing machine, iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner, dishwasher etc.

In fact, I went on, her own birthday is a perfect annual reminder for her to thank me for keeping her fed, shod and shagged for another year of her life, for, where would she be if I hadn't plucked from the council estate benefits and drug addled oblivion that she was surely destined for? 

That's a nice touch. What did ya get for tea that night?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As others have said, I wish my wife wouldn't bother loading the dishwasher sometimes.

On the top rack I reckon you can get 5 or 6 regular mugs per row. She just seems to put them where there's a space, and as soon as the mug touches the rack she lets go and commits it to that position without shuffling it neatly into place.

Another annoyance is when she puts the biggest pot in the bottom rack thus taking up most of the space for plates and bowls. And the pot has only been used to boil some water to cook pasta, so it hardly even needs a rinse out. The plates however are covered in the remains of a Bolognese or Lasagne and stacked up (in an ad-hoc fashion, I must add) on the worktop.

I've also given up trying to explain that things won't wash properly if they aren't positioned to receive the jets of water from underneath. Nor will they empty of dirty water if you put them the wrong way up.
  • PhilW1 said:

I proper LOLled at that!

That's a nice touch. What did ya get for tea that night?

Stew

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654

Mrs MusicWolf is incapable of putting the child-safe top back onto a bottle of bleach correctly.  Without fail.

I can guarantee that any time that I come across a bottle of bleach that she's been using that I can give the top a 1/4 turn clockwise and hear it lock.  What is so bloody difficult about that?

Until she learns I'm going to continue to pee on the bathroom floor to get even.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Mrs Munkee, loves to hide dirty dishes in the sink, which whilst keeping the surfaces clear does make using the sink somewhat difficult. It's probably my own fault for critiquing her dishwasher loading technique.
    Also those little plastic seals that they put on milk bottles, the ones you have to remove on a new one. They appear to have the density of a collapsed star, as no matter where she puts them down on the worktop, they simply can't be moved?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    edited February 2019
    We have two dogs who systematically and effectively undo any cleaning or tidying in the house. It’s largely irrelevant who does what as the dogs just fuck our shit up daily anyway.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11291
    Tidying up is a waste of time and effort.

Things just get untidy again, and you have to go through the whole process of tidying only for untidiness to spread again.

Einstein once said that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is one definition of insanity. If one of the smartest people in the history of the world thinks that tidying up is insane, who am I to argue with him?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    scrumhalf said:
    Tidying up is a waste of time and effort.

Things just get untidy again, and you have to go through the whole process of tidying only for untidiness to spread again.

Einstein once said that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is one definition of insanity. If one of the smartest people in the history of the world thinks that tidying up is insane, who am I to argue with him?
    Ah yes, but as always the devil is in the detail. It is quite sensible to do the same thing over and over but expect the same result also. Otherwise you might consider breathing to be insane ;)

I view carwashing in the same way however :)

Adam