Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The little things...

What's Hot

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    That drive you NUTS! 

I've lived with MrsLostSon for 20+years, we got together as teenagers. I love her & am happily married with two great children... 

But in that whole time I don't think she's EVER put ANYTHING in the dishwasher. She just puts dirty crockery on the worksurface & wanders off. Leaving me to load the dishwasher. 
    It eventually drives me crazy. I've mentioned it repeatedly & it never changes. I'm aware that in the grand scheme of things it's relatively minor, but one day there will be a reckoning!!  

Now I've got that off my chest... Anyone else want to vent about "minor" annoyances that might lead to you appearing on Crime Watch? 
    You do realise that in all those years there is one simple thing that you do that constantly annoys her, and as a result she has decided to do the dishwasher thing as a deliberate foil to your “failing”.  As soon as you resolve and address your failing, she will miraculously start doing the dishwasher properly. :)

your challenge, should you wish to accept it, is to work out what has been pissing her off for 20+ years ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    scrumhalf said:
    Tidying up is a waste of time and effort.

Things just get untidy again, and you have to go through the whole process of tidying only for untidiness to spread again.

Einstein once said that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is one definition of insanity. If one of the smartest people in the history of the world thinks that tidying up is insane, who am I to argue with him?
    Tidying up is one of the great hallmarks of human civilisation. The constant battle against entropy and desire to impose order, whether that is a cave, an iron age roundhouse, or a semi detached in Eccles.
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 226
    edited February 2019
    Kalimna said:
    On the topic of loo roll. New sheets *must* hang away from the wall. Arrrrrgh. 
    YES! I will rehang rolls correctly when I see them hung wrongly. Not only at home, either
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    sev112 said:

your challenge, should you wish to accept it, is to work out what has been pissing her off for 20+ years ;) 

No, the challenge is narrowing it down with sufficient accuracy.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Snags said:
    sev112 said:

No, the challenge is narrowing it down with sufficient accuracy.
    I tried to work this out once, and by a process of elimination got it down to "breathing".
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1083
    edited February 2019
    I'm not married but I see with my mum and dad the "little things"! 

One is when given a time to leave, say 3pm, at 2:50pm they start saying "let's go now" when there's still 10 minutes left.

Or the other is when you say you're leaving at a certain time, one chooses to do something else and not be ready at the given time. Drives each other nuts haha.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Mine used to give me a hard time for bringing other women home. What a ball-breaker!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12327

One is when given a time to leave, say 3pm, at 2:50pm they start saying "let's go now" when there's still 10 minutes left.

Or the other is when you say you're leaving at a certain time, one chooses to do something else and not be ready at the given time. Drives each other nuts haha.
    Missus munckee gets ready and when we are walking out of the front door inevitably says "oh hold on" and wanders off for a few minutes looking for stuff. 
  • munckee said:

Missus munckee gets ready and when we are walking out of the front door inevitably says "oh hold on" and wanders off for a few minutes looking for stuff. 
    Also one of my mates is never ready whenever we need to leave, he's always gotta take a shower or be packing up his stuff just when we need to go! Does my head in!
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    munckee said:

My missus does a similar thing in the supermarket .everything is loaded on the conveyor belt, the till person is scanning them and the wife says "I've forgotten x, y and z" and disappears for five minutes. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24203
    Here you go:

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Dirty Clothes. 
    We have a pile in the corner of the room. It's not even in a basket, just a good hearty pile of dirty clothes. When clothes are dirty they are lobbed into the corner and land on this pile. When we put a wash on, clothes are grabbed from this pile and loaded. It's a great system. It works. 
    Mrs L is mostly incapable of throwing clothes in a corner.. they go everywhere but the corner. Then she complains that she has no clothes to wear as she DOESN'T RESPECT THE SYSTEM!

:)
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    LuttiS said:
    Dirty Clothes. 
    We have a pile in the corner of the room. It's not even in a basket, just a good hearty pile of dirty clothes. When clothes are dirty they are lobbed into the corner and land on this pile. When we put a wash on, clothes are grabbed from this pile and loaded. It's a great system. It works. 
    Mrs L is mostly incapable of throwing clothes in a corner.. they go everywhere but the corner. Then she complains that she has no clothes to wear as she DOESN'T RESPECT THE SYSTEM!

:)
    Maybe she just needs lessons in throwing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Just repeating what others have said, but having your Mrs load the dishwasher is a bigger problem than her not loading the dishwasher.  Let it go, and be happy that's the level of 'problems' you have :)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12349
    We have a tiny utility room, which is basically a cupboard with our washing machine in. Mrs B always leaves the light on in the cupboard and then shuts the door. FFS... why? Does she think the washing machine is afraid of the dark? 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    boogieman said:
    We have a tiny utility room, which is basically a cupboard with our washing machine in. Mrs B always leaves the light on in the cupboard and then shuts the door. FFS... why? Does she think the washing machine is afraid of the dark? 
    Ours is... give it 10 mins and it starts whizzing round wildly then makes gurgling noises. 
  • My wife of many years repeatedly tells me that I don't listen to her, I correctly reply with "no I don't, never have, never will", but recently she has started to annoy me by saying, "well, if you don't listen, how come you always reply?" 

I don't know how to deal with this.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    Don’t get me started about not throwing used teabags away and just leaving them on the Worktop
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    RearWing said:
    My wife of many years repeatedly tells me that I don't listen to her, I correctly reply with "no I don't, never have, never will", but recently she has started to annoy me by saying, "well, if you don't listen, how come you always reply?" 

I don't know how to deal with this.
    Quote from Friends :”I can see your mouth moving, but all is hear is blah blah blah”

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7764
    edited February 2019
    My wife is OCD and takes 2hrs50 to shower and get dressed. This is not all. Count your own minor infringements as blessings lads. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom